Home Full time/Part time work

Character and Environment Artists (2 Positions) - Orlando, FL

We are hiring 2 artists for permanent positions just above Orlando, FL (Sanford). This is a full-time position that includes competitive pay, fully paid health, dental and vision, and 401K just to name a few. (Our kitchen is always fully stocked with you-name-it-you-got-it food) Our ideal candidate is creative, passionate gamer, and fun to be around. We are a brand new studio that is completely funded through a parent company. If you are interested, please contact me through this forum, or email me at REMOVED. If you do not feel that you fill all of the requirements, feel free to send in your information regardless as we are hiring for two positions.

Our ideal candidates have experience in creating concept art, modeling, rigging, animating, lighting, and texturing. We are working with the Unity3D game engine to create our products and would like it if you have experience in that as well. We are not looking for "bodies" to sit at a desk, but passionate artists capable of bringing their experience and creativity to the team and contribute to YOUR game. We want teammates.

Skills and Experience
4+ Years in the industry is preferred
Proficient in Photoshop and 3DS MAX
Knowledge of Animal Movement is a HUGE plus
Must be able to accurately estimate the time to complete tasks
Basic drawing and illustration skills (relief, lighting, materials, perspective, colours…)
Strong teamwork skills and the ability to stay organized and independent.
Ability to clearly communicate ideas and concepts
An Academic background in an Arts is desired but not required.
MUST LOVE VIDEO GAMES.

Edit: Wow! We have received quite a few character modelers and environment artist. We are floored by the talent that this community holds! Thank you all for sending in resumes and portfolios. We are still collecting applicants, so please be patient. We are still looking for character animators to join our team as well. Please send us your portfolio! -Sky Parlor Studios

Replies

• NoChance
  • SkyParlorStudios
    Yes, I actually stated jobsATskypalorstudios.com in the job description just to keep the address safe from spam.

But yes, you are correct.
  • womball
    Do you have a website?, I searched for it, but only found a twitter posting. There is a skyparlour.net which is a recording studio which is the first result.
  • SkyParlorStudios
    Our website is www.skyparlorstudios.com - You *may* notice it is very bare and non-existent. As mentioned earlier, we are just starting to build our team for the studio. The studio is currently located in Sanford, FL and resides inside the walls of our parent company. We've got our first project ready to start production, we just need to fill out the rest of our group.
  • [SF]Three9
    applied early this morning ;). Really excited to hear of another company in the local central Florida area. with DD opening up down south and the recognition FIEA is getting, and all the other companies striving for the best in the area I'm hopeful the south eastern coast might become a popular area :)

This character artist eagerly applied :D...Also let a few other talented individuals in my major at UCF know about it too and sent them your way :). Definitely wish you the best of luck and really hope I could be a part of something potentially great. A talented team that meshes well goes a long way!
  • NoChance
    Yes, I actually stated jobsATskypalorstudios.com in the job description just to keep the address safe from spam.

But yes, you are correct.

Oops sorry, I honestly read the post but when I went back to find the e-mail I searched for the [EMAIL="'@';"]'@'[/EMAIL] symbol, haha. I went ahead and edited my post to try and save you from the spam sorry about that.
  • SkyParlorStudios
    No worries! Thanks for editing your link as well. Greatly appreciated.
  • joel0827
    Offline / Send Message
    joel0827 polycounter lvl 7
    I would love to work for this studio! Getting excited just thinking about it. Now is this just for locals? I have no problem relocating to Florida. I already sent an email anyway a couple of days ago. :)
  • CourtJester5
    Offline / Send Message
    CourtJester5 polycounter lvl 10
    For some reason when I send an email I am getting an error back. Are you not accepting applications anymore?
  • artquest
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    For some reason when I send an email I am getting an error back. Are you not accepting applications anymore?

I had the same issue, so I sent a PM. Haven't heard anything back yet though.

Are there still open positions? I live pretty close and would love to drop by the studio to learn more about your company. :)
  • SkyParlorStudios
    Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the delay in response. Things have been hectic here as we are sorting through all the candidates. I've received all of your PM's and emails and would like to thank you for applying. We are currently no longer accepting resumes/demo's at this time. If we decide to move forward with you, we will contact you by Friday (April 22). Again, I want to emphasize, it has been tough to narrow down everyone from PolyCount. All of you have sent in some truly amazing work and the next opportunity we get to hire, I will be returning here first.

Thank you all for applying. I can't wait to be able to release more information on what we are working on.

(This can be locked now if the mods wish)