Replies

• Dn2
    Offline / Send Message
    Dn2 polycounter lvl 11
    OMG
    i await pics!
  • AKAperly
    nice choice.

i had considered Foxy too, can't go wrong with Angel though. 2k1 was a good year for new sprites.
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    Just a few sketches of what I'm thinking of for Angel. I'm aiming for a Western theme at the time. Suggestions? Comments?

Maybe something better will come to me.....POSTS001.jpg
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    Another sketch trying to get down something I like.

POSTS002.jpg
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm more or less liking the way this one is coming out. I'll hopeful have a backside up sometime soon. Tell me what you guys think :)

POSTS003.jpg
  • Dn2
    Offline / Send Message
    Dn2 polycounter lvl 11
    looking good so far
    i do like the little cape thingy
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    Thnx for the feedback Dn2. :)

Here are some thumbs I was able to do while at work. I started asking "What if" questions to get some different ideas. A few came out well while others didn't as much.

LEFT TO RIGHT
    I did some street thug type theme. I was more fond of the hoody type ones.
    Next I did an agent suit and tie theme. She looked better without the suit jacket...
    I messed around with a witch theme, more of a cutesy fan service type....
    Lastly, I did the cowgirl/western theme. I actually liking the Mexican poncho look there compared to what I currently have planned. I also preferring a more flat boot than a raised heel. Had some others I didn't get to sketch out, maybe tomorrow...

Sorry for the poor quality.

31911angelcompilecopy.jpg
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Loving the western theme!
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    Here what I was able to put together today. Blocking out where things will be placed. Not to sure how to go about the vest, corset and panties.

I did a quick base model of them from the body and left it at that really. I'll have to go back and fix them in order to use them. I also know that I could just sculpt those on via ZBrush since those are fairly snug on her body. I'm sure either way is fine just depends on my flow.

Suggestions and comments are welcome. :)

progressPOSTS_001.jpg
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I think you could exaggerate that shape more, your first main concept had longer legs and a smaller waist that worked really well.
  • Jeremi Eldridge
    Not bad. This is going to sound really strange but decimate that mesh and bring it into MAx and build the pieces onto it in there. The polygonal look just feels better than the muddy smoothed Zbrush look. It's just a presentation thing though.

Those boobs man, they're ginormous, but if you really are going to go that route, Then at least make em slope at the top like the Babe Lab stuff: http://babelab.blogspot.com/search/label/pose%20analysis

You don't have to slope them QUITE so much as he does, but it goes a long way from making them look like bad silicon projects to looking like healthy natural breasts. They hang from a surface, not just pasted on.

Can't believe I'm talking so in depth about this haha. Anyways fix those for now, and start building your armor and clothing pieces and show them off in polygon form. This smoothed version just really hurts the process and doesn't let you work in big blocky shapes to make the character awesome. And it just looks better.

You're already farther than me though dude, keep it up. I just got done putting up a redesigned version of my guy so it's getting closer to working in 3d. :D
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    Thnx for the feedback. I'll go look on babelab, I forgot he had some studies there on boobies lol
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    Reshaped the body to look sexier and slimmer matching closer to my concept along with trying to fix her boobs. They're squeezed in because of the corset and snug vest she will be wearing. I'm gonna try and fix the clothing to match her new body proportions.

progressPOSTS_002.jpg
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    Just where I am at with the model at this point of time. Readjusting clothing to the body and trying to flesh out the clothing details. Still need to add the hat and scarf thing to her along with hair among various little things.

progressPOSTS_003.jpg
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is where I am at tonight. Still trying to block in things very slowly....
    I will hopefully have everything blocked in at the end of the week.
    progressPOSTS_004.jpg
  • lazy_cambodian
    you should keep her undies similar to the oringal. i think that would look nice.
  • dang87
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, true the luchador undies or bikini...whatever you'd like to call them. I'll mess with that,still gotta get the main pieces in.