Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 - TRON BONNE - Alemja

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
Alemja quad damage
tron-fullstance.gif

Tried though I might I could not stay away! Girl crush prevailed
Going to be doing Tron Bonne from MvC2 or 3 works either way.

ctronbonne01.jpg

Rough concept so far, what I'm thinking is making her a bit older slightly more realistic approach, ditching the mech walker thing in favor of giant mech gauntlets and jetpack. Possibly going for more of a spacey theme with possibly some tron glow bits. Next step is to gather some ref to further develop the concept. and maybe start doing some base modeling.

collagewh.jpg

Replies

• confracto
    Offline / Send Message
    confracto polycounter lvl 11
    awesome!

...however, I've been drawing something almost exactly like that for an hour :(

time to work more on plans A, C, and D I guess!
  • Jigsaw
    Offline / Send Message
    Jigsaw polycounter lvl 12
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to see future updates. :)
  • Alemja
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja quad damage
    Concept Update
    ctronbonne02.jpg

Since I have a fairly decent idea of what her body is going to look like I'm going to get started with that in 3d, I've been itching to do some modeling.

The arms I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what I should do with them.
    carmattachments.jpg

1. The gauntlet idea I had in the original concept
    2. I giant servbot like claw
    3. A laser cannon type of thing that can open and close when not in use. When closed I was thinking it could be used like a sword.
    4. Grenade launcher type of thing that fires projectiles.

I've thought about mix and matching instead of making it the same for both arms, like the gauntlet and the grenade launcher. I'm kind of leaning towards the laser cannon thing on one arm and a gauntlet on another since I think that would be a cool combo. What do you guys think?
  • PBarbalios
    Alex, this is fantastic! When I saw your idea of the mech suit that's fitted to her body, it kind of made me think of this. The suits from Appleseed:
    gugesd_1.jpg
    Maybe something where it still has the look of being "bigger" than the character, but of course still shows a little body ;) I love that.

I also think its a great idea of having two different types of arm/gauntlet armor. Character-Symmetry is boring. Id say do some research on actual weapons, and do a photo-manip in photoshop, combining some of them together and get something original & crazy that way. Good luck to you!
  • Alemja
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja quad damage
    Thanks Penny, that pic helps a bit since it's kind of what I'm going for, big hulking masses with some areas on interest in spirit of the Mega Man Legends style.

Your suggestion on photoshoping things together seems like a good idea, since mech bits, guns and that sort of thing aren't my strong suits.
  • Alemja
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja quad damage
    ctronpass01.jpg

Progresssss. Initial blockout, polyflow might need to be fixed in some places and I'm thinking of pushing the proportions a bit more but other than that I feel pretty satisfied. I'm going to be working on the jet-pack portion of her suit next. All of the technology bits are going to be fun.
  • Alemja
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja quad damage
    ctronpass02.jpg
    Quick update, working on the shoulder and bicep pieces as well as the jet pack. Interesting idea I thought of is since things in Megaman Legends are powered by refactor crystals it would be cool to incorporate that into her suit as power sources.
  • Daven
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    awesome work alex. can't wait to see what you do with the textures :)
  • Alemja
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja quad damage
    ctronpass03.jpg

Model is 98% done! Moving onto unwrapping and rigging which will help me finish the last 2%. Probably also going to do paint overs before I texture since I have only a vague idea in my head and that sort of kills my texturing most of the time. Her hands right now are intersecting with the control mechanisms for the arms, that's going to be fixed when I rig her because I couldn't get things quite lined up correctly on the model. Feedback always appreciated!
  • Carl Brannstrom
    Cool take on this!

I like how you kind of integrated the robot with the girl!
  • christermime
    Offline / Send Message
    christermime polycounter lvl 8
    I really like the shapes in everything you have going on here. I think she'd look really cool in a relaxed pose with the giant robotic bits hanging out behind her. Looking forward to see the textural elements you'll be adding.
  • Alemja
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja quad damage
    Thanks for the comments guys! For a while I was feeling like I wouldn't get this done but encouragement always helps.

ctronpass04.jpg

Current texture pass, a lot of places haven't really been touched but I feel pretty confident I can get this done. She's already rigged I just need to figure out a pose. I was planning on using the Max Toon Shader but I was having a problem with opacity so I opted for Xoluil's instead.

Getting close to crunch time, feedback always appreciated!
  • Alemja
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja quad damage
    I already posted this on the Fighter Submission thread but might as well do it here too. Everything minus the comp shot since it's the same thing as the beauty shot.
    C_TronBonne_Beatuy.png
    C_TronBonne_textures.png
    C_TronBonne_wire.png