RECENT UPDATE:

genjuroupdate04.jpg new
genjuroupdate03.jpg old

Replies

• Sebeuroc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebeuroc polycounter lvl 13
    Awesome character. What theme are you going for?
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beta_channel polycounter lvl 7
    Alright. I think I have an idea! Going to go Yakuza Biker style. I was toying with harley biker and I might go that way. I can do some biker boots, jacket hanging off the back. Helmet in the hand instead of a bowl. Still has a reason to have a damn sword. And pissed at his mom still :) I played with the idea of a 50's grease monkey as well.
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Little Update.
    Found some time to sculpt this evening. Still a long way to go, but he'll get there.

update01.png
  • SmartDevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This one looking promising... I hope you have some solid ideas to make it more iconic. Best of luck.
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Needs more BEEF dude, he looks too young atm.
  • pricej14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The sculpt looking good already. Looking forawrd to more of the detaling. Im digging the biker concept idea. Sure some carry crowbars and chains, but nobody screws with a biker with a sword. Maybe hes pissed about gas prices......
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I was never into Samurai Shodown but biker yakuza sounds interesting :D Also, nice sculpt but I agree that it needs more bulk like in the ref.
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SmartDevil - Me too! Thanks.

Mask_Salesman - Beef!! Working on it. I don't want to go too crazy with the beef yet. But he will probably end up super beef, veins and all.

Pricej14 - Ditched the biker idea. We'll see where it goes now.

EmAr - More beef is coming. Ditched the biker idea.
    Alright. I'm ditching the biker idea. Japanese people look dumb as bikers...at least in all the pics I found. Yakuza would just be a guy in a suit...so ditching that idea as well.
    He is an assassin in the game so I figure I might play with that idea for a bit and see where it takes me. I want to keep the scar on his back exposed for the most part as that is a major part of who he is as well (His mom did it to him, then he killed her). I'd like to give him a sweet tattoo running down one sleeve. Can't decide if I like any of these, I like bits and pieces, but I'll see what everyone has to say about it while I keep working on some designs.

Sculpted a bit more. I don't want to go too crazy before I have the design down though. Legs are blah.

genjuroconcept2.jpg
    genjuroconcept1.jpg
  • Sebeuroc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    #1 is my favorite. I think his left gauntlet could be cool if it was a bit bulkier. Still feels like the silhouette needs more though.
  • Maph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph polycounter lvl 8
    Silhouette wise, I'm loving 3; but perhaps with the chest belt of 1.
  • d.hynes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3 with the thighs/pants of 1 and (agree with Maph) the torso strap of 1
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph - Thanks a ton. I agree with the silhouette change being the most interesting on number 3, and I hate to ask for input and then disregard it, but I really really really don't want to go all cyborg/tech/sci-fi with this one. I did however take into consideration the silhouette change and I'm trying to get that same feel out of the new design with out having to go techy. So thank you again.

d.hynes - I agree totally!! well, including what I just wrote above to Maph.

Small update, reworking the design, I like where it is heading. I'll be cranking on this tonight, gotta get it nailed down so I can start on the actual thing.
    genjuroupdate03.jpg
  • Sebeuroc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome, I love it. The big gauntlet is sweet.

Time to accessorize!
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebeuroc - Thanks. Accessories on the way.
    Changed the knee pad to fit better with the shoulder pad and gauntlet. I will square off the gauntlet when I get to the detail work on it.
    Started doing some detail work on the mid section to help me better understand what the inside of the silhouette is going to look like. I'm calling it a night though as it is 1am here. I'll finish up the concept tomorrow (I hope) and get some block models to check to form in DDD as well.
    G'nite.

genjuroupdate04.jpg
  • thebubz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thebubz polycounter lvl 7
    I liked the larger spikes on the knee pads better.