Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Smash Bros, Link, thomgoblin

i know link isn't really a fighting game character (although hes appeared in 2 fighting game series) but ive wanted to do this for about a month now and this contest is a great motivator.
193406_10150447316385716_699290715_17876922_3389541_o.jpg
i got to spend like 45 minutes doing some sketches last night, the idea is to do a hipster/punk/modern version of link.

-i want to keep the layered looks link has with his undershirt/chain shirt/tunic. i think a hoodie instead of a tunic and then a tshirt with a thermal undershirt? the undershirt has a high collar, so maybe a bandanna or keffiyeh or something.
the baldric strap needs to stay in so i included a messenger bag which i think if i position more towards the back i can make look kinda like the hylian sheild.
either skinny jeans or high socks instead of tights,
i dont know if i want to give him big combat boots or some high top chuck taylors. it depends if i go more hipster, punk, or skater.
give him lots of random bracelets and junk instead of big heavy gauntlets.
beanie instead of a sock hat, seemed like the right choice

im not sure what to do for the master sword... i could keep it a sword, but make it something more modern? itd probably just be a katana, since everyone in modern times has a boner for katana. maybe a baseball bat? a skateboard?
maybe ill include a fixed gear named epona?

would love some feedback and suggestions.

Replies