Home Technical Talk

Biped Show Keys only from selected Bone

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
SimonT interpolator
I know that the keys for e.g. the hand are stored in the clavicle but i'm pretty sure there was an option which made, that you see the keys of the selected bone instead of the whole bone chain.

Do anyone knows where is option is?

I only found the checkboxes under "Separate FK Tracks" but that's now what i'm looking for i guess.

Replies

• monster
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Actually, Separate FK Tracks is what you are looking for.

For example, if you check Arms the clavicle, upper arm, and forearm each store their own keys.

What are you trying to do with that option?
  • SimonT
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    My problem is, that i e.g. added 50 keys to the hand and just 2 to the upper arm. Now i select the upper arm to ajust the 2 keys but that's pretty hard because i also see the 50 keys i set to the hand.
  • monster
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    That's really odd, it works fine for me. You could have a corrupt biped. What version of max are you using?

If you do a File Reset and make a new biped check if it still give you the wrong behavior.
  • SimonT
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    I'll do that. But for me is the behavior normal because the help sais, that (to save memory) all arm key information are stored in the clavice - and if you wan't them specific you have to check the checkbox for it. But i'll see. I think it's Max 2010
  • SimonT
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    I hate it to find my own thread at google :D

OK i checked a bit around and saw: if i activate the "separate fk tracks" thingie for Legs and Arms for example and after that start to animate it works fine. But when i didn't check this before started working OR uncheck during the process all keys will be combined and stored in the clavicle or hip and never can split again.

It's possible to see the keys for every selected bone in the curve editor AFTER checking "[X] show all in track view" in the Keyframing Tools Rollout