Home General Discussion

Post your GT5 shots here!

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
hawken polycounter lvl 19
As the title suggests. I'll open the bidding with these.

BTW try to keep it reasonable, say no less than 1, no more than 3 shots per post.

5311982862_fdd1ab40ae_o.jpg

5311982532_de7b80b75f_o.jpg

(started getting some decent cars these days so will be posing my lambo soon!)

Replies

• charger
    Offline / Send Message
    charger polycounter lvl 18
    lol I realized that I finished the game for 82% and I did not watch one replay or take one screenshot (will have to do that soon). Hmmm I have to choose between 125 cars......
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    If you eat your dinner too fast you won't appreciate the taste
  • Rwolf
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    charger wrote: »
    lol I realized that I finished the game for 82% and I did not watch one replay or take one screenshot (will have to do that soon). Hmmm I have to choose between 125 cars......

remember, you can only use Premium cars for photo travel.

650 cars to go for the 1000 car trophy for me. ick... (96% done here, no way I'm touching endurance races)
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Rwolf wrote: »
    no way I'm touching endurance races

Can't you do those through BSPEC mode, hiring a driver and all that?

I haven't had a ton of time to play games since I picked up GT5. I need to get back on there this weekend :)
  • hawken
  • DEElekgolo
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I don't fully understand GT5's rendering... It makes stuff look amazing, it really does. Some of the shots are just so stunning its like real life, and these are photo shots of replays. Then ingame, it looks "ok", nothing amazing, but still passable.

But what I dont understand is how stuff like THIS works:

Gran_Turismo_5_h_ssliche_Standard_Autos__5_.jpg

And the reason I don't understand it, is because coming from a common sense point of view, the car shouldn't be looking that poor even if the resolution IS that low. Its almost like they render the cars to a different resolution and then blend it on top of the scene, because its just so low res, but stands out badly, almost like its not smoothed, but it is... Even if it was using a 128x128 texture, it wouldn't look THAT bad... And this is why the lower quality cars stand out so much, its because they went about rendering a really odd way...? I wont even go into the trees... Oh boy :p
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    let me help you: thats a car from the PS2 version of GT4

they didn't have time to make 1000 cars look stunning, so all the crap cars are "standard" - and all the fucking gorgeous cars are "premium" - it would appear only Premium cars are built for the PS3.
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    That wasn't my point, really. Aside from the lazyness of that, it doesn't bother me. You can't expect that many cars done in such a small time. I would have just left them out myself, as nobody will use them anyway. Its just stat padding.

What bothers me, is that even if it IS a PS2 asset just dropped into GT5, it shouldn't look THAT bad. If I drop a 128x128 texture into my engine, it looks blurred sure, but it doesn't look THAT bad... And I can't quite get my head around what it is, tech wise, they are doing...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah it's almost like the jagginess is in the texture itself. Looks like it's being filtered but that blocky appearance is still knarly.
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    odium wrote: »
    That wasn't my point, really.

The jaggies are caused by the alpha map, not the diffuse.

Anyway, this is not the thread for bitching over a couple of crappy cars they dropped in ;) They are just that, you hardly ever see them.
  • Rwolf
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Can't you do those through BSPEC mode, hiring a driver and all that?

You could, but you would still need to do A-Spec Endurance if you truly want 100% completion. That and the prize cars are different from each other. A-Spec prize cars are actually nice, while b-spec not so much.

@Odium
    There is a seperate thread dedicating to the overall look (high and low) of gt5

gt5_002.jpg
    gt5_003.jpg
  • breakneck
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    Its a bummer that they down res once uploaded to the web. This first shot looks amazing in HD
    dUiP0ry3tosoKIDNDG_0.jpg

lMOjwsim4fd4TbzKJM_0.jpg
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck wrote: »
    Its a bummer that they down res once uploaded to the web. This first shot looks amazing in HD

Mine are at 1080p - full rez. On Flickr ;)