Home General Discussion

Digital Tutors - Anybody got some favorite videos?

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
fearian greentooth
Feel free to lock this for being 'bloggy'!

My university just pulled its finger out and got us a classroom account (or whatever its called) at digital tutors! It's a shame this only happened in my final year, but I'm going to make the most of it.

So does anybody who's used DT have top video? Any videos that pointed out some tip they can't live without? I'm mainly interested in Max, Zbrush and Photoshop. I haven't had much time to poke around the site, but so far I'm fairly sure I can count out all the intro to max etc videos, but you never know where you might find some little thing to add to your workflow.

Given that not that much on the site is game art related, what are peoples recommendations?

Replies

• Ark
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Most of there stuff covers that basics and are aimed mainly at beginners with the general 'Intro to ........' dvd's.

So if your already familar with the programs, stay away from these and look at the more 'advanced' stuff they have.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    They are highly devoted to Autodesk Maya and have good work flows They recently came out with work flow of Maya that covers up entire set of concept sketching, concept art, animation (scene art), 3d modeling, rendering, rigging, and finally animation. You should look in to. As for 3ds max, Photoshop and Zbrush, the projects are broken down in to parts and you have to browse them via DT Launcher.

I'll post if I come across any good 3ds max and zbrush tutorial..