Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Figure - Nude

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
Created this for sculpting practice but mostly for the purpose of having a fairly generic female to build other characters from. I still need to rebuild the topology, and that version won't be as defined as this one, but will keep most of the basic shapes. I mostly was striving for an ideal female that wasn't too extreme in any characteristic.

EDIT:
new

female_final_rework2.jpg
female_final_rework1.jpg
female_final_rework3.jpg
female_final4.jpg

Replies

• Moosey_G
    I really love it Endomi! It's looking really nice. The only thing that comes to me right now, is that the butt looks a bit big, and the jaw a bit masculine.
  • EmAr
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work, some crits though:

The knuckles should wedge into fingers, they look a little lumpy right now to me. Hand nails could be curved more. The tapers on fingers could be more emphasized also.

Keep it up!
  • Muzzoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Nice practice, here is a paintover with notes.

With size of feet, they should be the length of the forearm (from inside of elbow to wrist)

endomipaintover.jpg
  • gammaslam
    Muzz Hit everything right on the head. Looking forward to an update. Great work by the way.
  • Tom Ellis
    Niiiice work.

I can't offer any crit to the pro level like Muzz but to me the front of the hip bone (I believe it's called the Iliac crest, which I only know because I've spent the last 6 weeks studying anatomy and not because I'm trying to be a smartass) looks a little pronounced for a woman of her build.

Usually you would only see that much of the bone on someone drastically skinny, or idf a slightly skinny person was bending backwards, whereas the rest of your sculpt looks to be of an average-slim build. Just toning them down a touch may bring them back to reality I think.
  • ENODMI
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks for the help guys:)

this is where im at now, anything obvious, please point it out
    female_final_rework2.jpg
    female_final_rework1.jpg
    female_final_rework3.jpg
  • Muzzoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Looking better, good work.

Feet are better in length, but they aren't wide enough though. Hands could also stand to be a little bigger.

With hands i find its better to have them a little too big than to have them too small, if that makes sense. (ever notice how people rarely stylize by making small hands)