Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: POFFINGTON

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
POFFINGTON polycounter lvl 11
So I after a long time have finally decided to start posting my work on here. Here is some recent stuff I have done. This is a concept by BARONtieri he is one of my inspirations I guess you could say. So for school I decided to try and build one of his concepts in a 2 week period.

Concept

TAOG_BT_Steambot_Exodyssey_PARTone.jpg

High Poly

ren1.jpg
ren2.jpg

Lowpoly Wires

mb3.jpg
mb1.jpg

Final

mac2.jpg
mac3.jpg
mac1.jpg
mac4.jpg

Final fix. I made the diffuse less dirty to match the concept

mac5.jpg

Replies

• DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Nice work Good sir!

Thanks for sharing :) God bless you, and keep up the good work.

Post moar!!
  • AimBiZ
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    Nice model but his limbs are too stiff imo. In the concept they are alot rounder and curvy which makes it look like a living creature, like if it had muscles under the shell. Right now it appears that the thickness of the limbs are constant.

Colorwize I think you should darken the grays and play around much more with the specular. Right now I'm not sure what the orange material is, rubber? Right now the surface seems to be equally worn everywhere. I think you should make do more variation, having both clean areas and messed up ones. Which areas of the surface gets in contact with things?
    Would also be nice seeing some of the metalparts being shiny as well.

Hope it makes sence. :P
  • POFFINGTON
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow! Thank you! Those were things I deff hadn't thought about. And I can see where you are coming from about the texture. It is a little hard to figure out if it is rubber or metal. I can't wait for the quarter to be over so I can come back to this project. Again thanks to you both! This helps a lot.
  • skech287
    Yo Poff it looks great I think it needs more cow bells lol
  • POFFINGTON
    Offline / Send Message
    These were all for one of my five classes. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot but need to learn more. Crits are more than welcome.

So here are a couple of textures I made in Zbrush using wrapmode, handpainted in Photoshop. Then put into the UDK

ahfhfagaerg.jpg
    hhghgttftgffrdf23.jpg

Rat! Also done is Zbrush using Zspheres (bleh) then put onto a lowpoly, and put into unreal.

jjjjjnnbvvv.jpg
    jhgfrdebb.jpg

Gibson SG. High poly projected on to a low. The first render is in max with some quick lights, the other 2 are in UDK. I really messed up the spec trying to set it up so that the humbuckers and bridge would reflect like painted gold with a CubeMap in Unreal. So to say the least the Spec needs a complete overhaul. Handpainted diffuse I think it came out ok.

fghjk1.jpg
    ahffhsafdadfasgdasfgh3.jpg
    aghsjfkdf2.jpg

Fun Zbrush project. I need to make a low and texture it. I really liked this project. "Evil octopus needs to learn how to stay in his box.."

htwo.jpg
    hthree.jpg
    hone.jpg
    hfour.jpg
  • POFFINGTON
    Offline / Send Message
    This is some wall stuff for our team production level. I have done the pillars as well.

the wall and window pieces range in about 2,500 tris

b1.jpg
    b2.jpg
    b3.jpg

crits if you got them

i havent done any texturing really on it, this is only diffuse and ao. I also need to fix the normals a bit as well :)

ps. yes those are floating pillars, no I did not do that haha
  • Un_Delincuente
    Offline / Send Message
    Un_Delincuente polycounter lvl 6
    Where is Dust at?