Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Boss Battle - Le Cri WIP

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
MissMaddyTaylor polycounter lvl 13
Here is a piece that I've started concepting to represent a final boss for a game. I'll be making a sculpt of the two characters and will probably normal map and texture a game ready version. The concepts are gradually being finalized as you go down, any suggestions on which of the 4 designs on the bottom image work best?

Any & all suggestions are welcome.

Name: Le Cri (The Cry)

Le Cri was raised in a small village as a summoner. At the age of 10, she was taught how to summon small farm animals and as time went on her abilities became more powerful. The animals became larger and more imaginative. Her creative mind knew no limits.

There was a law however. When a creature was summoned it could only exist in this world for a short time and would then have to be sent back, like a mother bird letting go of her child. Having the ability to call upon any creature she desired, at age 23, she summoned Kre, the chameleon king. A strange bond was created between the two and when the time came, she did not have the heart to send Kre back.

Le Cri was banished from her home. Cast out from society she was forced to find a home in the caves and the woods that surrounded her. As years passed rumor spread of what became of Le Cri. Some villagers spoke of monsters others swore she was dead. Le Cri and Kre became soul mates. Their magical bond to each other caused Le Cri's form to change. The magic painfully ate away at her flesh. Her body became one with her surroundings, able to blend in just as Kre could.

Le Cri's hatred toward the ones who cast her out has made her a hunter. Villagers, travelers and anyone that she comes upon faces certain death. The woods are no longer safe. Some have escaped her grasp. The memory of Le Cri's sorrowful eyes remains burned in their memory, the carvings on her face that make her look as though she will cry for all eternity make it only fitting her that name means The Cry.
wip1.png

done-1.png

bodys.png

gggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.jpg

Replies

• NoisyMonk
    I fapp... I mean, I like the first one on the left.

Great looking concept - nice little backstory aswell!

Can't wait for round two in 3D!
  • MissMaddyTaylor
    Offline / Send Message
    NoisyMonk - Thanks :D

I did a few varied head pieces. Let me know what you like guys, she'll be one terrifyingly sexy demon! After this, I will start concepting KRE! La Chameleon King! And then produce a final concept of the two. :D
    headpi10.png
  • bludragon
    Offline / Send Message
    bludragon polycounter lvl 7
    OOo sexy demon indeed..haha
    I like the 2nd head the best, the cob web like things dripping down her horns add a nice touch
  • Calabi
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    I dont know, not sure boobs out really suits it.

I like the third one of the latest heads.
  • MissMaddyTaylor
    Offline / Send Message
    bludragon - Thanks ^__^

Calabi - I have to disagree. It gives a rawness to her, since she's created a rebellion against the villagers. The dress is nice, but I've seen soo many summoners in dresses, and you lose all of her form under the dress. I want to show her body changing as her flesh tears and she doesn't care about covering up anything, she is a wild animal now. Many people are fond of the idea too and that's why I'm keeping it. You might see it as a low poly anyway so don't worry. And thanks! :)
  • Calabi
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    Thats cool, its your design after all.

But be aware they may draw too much of the focus, especially with male homosapiens.
  • MissMaddyTaylor
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi - I'll be sure that they're just a finely crafted then :) You can count on that!
  • achillesian
    Calabi wrote: »
    I dont know, not sure boobs out really suits it.

wait.... what?
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Hooo this is looking sexy already. For the body I like the third one from the first sheet and I see you explored it some more after that. I like it better with the skirt just going down on one side - more asymmetrical. Good look with the challenge :)
  • MissMaddyTaylor
    Offline / Send Message
    achillesian - (In reply to what you quoted) I'm a girl and I was thinking the same >.>

(I really hate copy & pasting things, but I feel that this is necessary) :P
    Thank you thank you thank you so much guys for the support. It means so much to me because this will be the first challenge I've entered where I'm determined and driven enough to finish it.... your compliments inspire my to do my best not only for myself but for you guys. Again, thanks so much for the help! <333 :D

I'm just getting over being very ill the past few days and I've decided on a final sketchy concept for Le Cri's over all design. Personally, I think this works best in every way after a lot of thought - I've even included the head piece that got the most votes. From here on I will start designing Kre. Round 2 of the concept stage starts now! ;)
    lecri_10.jpg
  • divi
    Offline / Send Message
    divi polycounter lvl 12
    saw thaton zbc and remembered the name here since i hardly check character art threads.

concepts have a very nice style to it and the boobs look great in the last one :D. only thing that slightly bothers me is either the rigidness or the lack of intricacy of that kilt thingie.

rest looks brilliant, especially the face.
  • achillesian
    concept looks great imo get started!