Home General Discussion

MSI Sketchbook new prototype laptop?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
I'm sure all the gadget peoples here have already seen this. But I think it's a great idea. Hopefully it will actually go into production and not cost a bunch.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/20/msi-shows-off-convertible-sketchbook-laptop-concept/

Replies

• bearkub
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Yah bastard, Jeffro, I was just on my way here to post this! :D

Yah, this is looking closer to a legit tablet-style laptop done right.
  • Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Can't someone just make something like an iPad with a good pen, that can run photoshop?
  • Jeff Parrott
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Hah! Your google is not as fast as mine kub.

Yeah I have a feeling it'll fall short of what I dream it will be. But if this thing ran a painting program that let me export out layers to Photoshop and was under $500 I'd much rather get this than the new giant iPhone thing.
  • AtlusZMH
    Look up the ls800

can be upgraded to Win7 and 2 gigs of ram.. heard from some artists that its actually not bad for PS work on the go.

cheap as hell also
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Ninjas wrote: »
    Can't someone just make something like an iPad with a good pen, that can run photoshop?

Asus supposedly has plans for a pad running windows 7 that may have pressure sensitivity.

As far as the above. Its nice, but I still wonder if you get a more powerful laptop and a wacom for the same price.
  • The Flying Monk
    Offline / Send Message
    The Flying Monk polycounter lvl 18
    This looks nice. But it will still be easier to hook up my old tiny wacom to my netbook.
    Still, nice to have an all in one setup.
    AtlusZMH wrote: »
    Look up the ls800

can be upgraded to Win7 and 2 gigs of ram.. heard from some artists that its actually not bad for PS work on the go.

cheap as hell also

The only problem with the LS800 and all of the old Motion tablets is that the battery life sucks. I can get about 3 hours out of my LS800.
    I would prefer something about the same size with something like an atom CPU to get more life out of it.