Home General Discussion

Lead and Gold Beta Live.

PixelGoat
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West, the game that I have been working on for the last year or so is finally available for preorder on Steam. Play the Beta today by pre ordering on Steam, for $15 it is a real steal and a shitload of fun, I promise :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42100/

Watch the trailer here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-mine-lead-gold/57534 :)

Some Previews:

http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/6253418/lead-and-gold-gangs-of-the-wild-west-hands-on-classes-modes-and-multiplayer-shoot-outs

http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/214450/gdc-2010-lead-and-gold-hands-on/

Feel free to tell all your friends and collegues, we need all the help we can get in these tough times :)

You can hold me personally responsible if the game is not to your liking!

Enjoy!

Replies

• Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    I'm gonna hold you responsibly anyway!

brb, off to preorder ^^
  • Carl Brannstrom
    Looks quite cool!

My boss told me that he met some of you guys from FS and tried Lead and gold recently. (At GDC?)
    He said it was a fun game and really enjoyed that you can shoot of the hat of people :)

I have to wait for the next salary before I can try it out myself thogh.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    I approve of this game, its tons of fun!
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, looks cool. Gonna have to pick this up.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    gonna pick this up just to support you talented fuckers at fatshark!
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Might have to pick this up! Reminds me of Outlaws in the best possible way.

You guys have a western inspired soundtrack?
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Great stuff, is this like an action MMO? Will there be cross-platform play?

/edit http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/19/no-diamonds-or-pearls-lead-gold/ btw, RPS has a post about your game, yay XD
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    I must say that these threads are most tempting towards buying such games, even if you have planned your "TO BUY LIST." It also puts your mind off the studies and on the video game(s)

But its a nice game "from the looks of it" thanks for sharing. :)
  • Snipergen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for posting, I've been looking forward to this!!! Downloading :)
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Yes preordering, probably gonna play trapper mostly! :)
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    preordered! downloading beta now.
  • Snipergen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right, it's a great game. This is gonna be the game that I'll play when I have 30 minutes for myself I think.

HOWEVER! I've got some stuff I'd like to see (personal preference)

- Laptop bluescreened because it overheated. This is a gaming laptop that can run crysis just fine :(
    - The large white dot in the middle of the screen. This thing PISSES ME OFF, let me choose to get rid of it (I know where the center of my screen is), or give me an option to make it a tiny dot, even though I know that it won't be accurate. It realy blocks my view, I just hate it.
    - Is there an option to play it windowed? I always play my games windowed. (EDIT: Found it on the steam forums, but why not a simple checkbox in the options menu? Now I have to edit xml :( )
    - More graphical options, I want the best FPS I can get, I'll probably disable all fancy effects, play it with low res textures, no normal maps... this is a game that I want to play because it's fun, I don't care how it looks.

So pixelgoat I don't know if you can do anything about that but I'd appreciate it alot, with those tweaks it would really be a game I'd play frequently when I have some time. Hell it will probably replace my one hour of counterstrike everyday if I have a decent FPS and play it windowed.

Good points:
    - The game is alot of fun, cool classes.
    - FANTASTIC animations.
    - FAST loading times! Woo!

Thanks for reading :)
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    What engine is this using?
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    Just bought it and played for a few minutes; I really like it :D I didnt have any problems playing; quick download, fast install, quick to get in-game! That alone has made it a much better experience than most games in recent memory :P
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    jocose wrote: »
    What engine is this using?

It's using the diesel engine, previously used in the bionic commando games.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    eld wrote: »
    It's using the diesel engine, previously used in the bionic commando games.

the old ones :)
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snipergen wrote: »
    Right, it's a great game. This is gonna be the game that I'll play when I have 30 minutes for myself I think.

HOWEVER! I've got some stuff I'd like to see (personal preference)

- Laptop bluescreened because it overheated. This is a gaming laptop that can run crysis just fine :(
    - The large white dot in the middle of the screen. This thing PISSES ME OFF, let me choose to get rid of it (I know where the center of my screen is), or give me an option to make it a tiny dot, even though I know that it won't be accurate. It realy blocks my view, I just hate it.
    - Is there an option to play it windowed? I always play my games windowed. (EDIT: Found it on the steam forums, but why not a simple checkbox in the options menu? Now I have to edit xml :( )
    - More graphical options, I want the best FPS I can get, I'll probably disable all fancy effects, play it with low res textures, no normal maps... this is a game that I want to play because it's fun, I don't care how it looks.

So pixelgoat I don't know if you can do anything about that but I'd appreciate it alot, with those tweaks it would really be a game I'd play frequently when I have some time. Hell it will probably replace my one hour of counterstrike everyday if I have a decent FPS and play it windowed.

Good points:
    - The game is alot of fun, cool classes.
    - FANTASTIC animations.
    - FAST loading times! Woo!

Thanks for reading :)

Graphic options are in the works, so you will be able to customize your settins some soon :) cant do much about the crosshair as it is not my field. But I will forward all the feedback! :)

Glad you all like it! Makes me a happy panda :)
  • Snipergen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Allright who broke the game with this 1.6 patch?