Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

School vehicle project WIP.

NoltaN
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
NoltaN polycounter lvl 15
Hey again guys, i'm doing another vehicle for class now and i'm trying to come up with a concept. I've been playing around in alchemy trying to flesh something out and this is what i've got so far.

4067402704_035a98b437_m.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. Its basically a tank / recon military vehicle with more cartoonish (like metal slug) proportions. The vehicle will probably ride on wheels instead of treads i'm thinking. Anyway please give me some C&C. Concepting is really a weak area for me so i'd love some help!! Anyone have any good tutorials or material for concepting this sort of thing?

-NoltaN

Replies

• BlackulaDZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    all I can make out is the wheels. Alchemy is awesome for thumbnails though, after you have a few rough thumbnails try painting or drawing over them in photoshop, also I suggest gathering reference early in the concepting stage. keep at it breh!
  • ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ralusek polycounter lvl 10
    i see wheels with what is apparently a psychiatric ink evaluation splattered on top of that. i kind of see where you're going with it, and it's cool, but that's leaving a lot to my own imagination...so of course i think it's cool :D.

you should probably refine the concept a little more, so it's clear that we're seeing what YOU want us to see.
  • NoltaN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha, Yeah thanks for the comments guys...I just took a break from it walked back and decided the image was way to early to really see what i'm thinking. I'll post another in a few minutes.
  • NoltaN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok just defined it a little bit more. This still has a very long way to go and like I said this is really a weak area for me but I need to improve.

conceptv.jpg
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    It's like a toon sci-fi rough ground exploration vehicle... which could be cool if done well. :)
  • Pearson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the front so far, but I think you should do a few more iterations on the middle and rear.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm not really feeling it.

The initial silhouette was pretty weak to begin with, so I think shading it might be a waste of time. I'd redo the silhouette and then do some flat line work on top of it.

And it looks like a motorcycle? I'd look at more reference of motorcycles, tanks, and metal slug and then revisit this.

The octopus tentacle part that curves up the side, would look better as a harly style exhaust pipe.
  • NoltaN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys, I've got to finish up my current project and then i'll revisit this. Hopefully sometime mid day tomorrow i'll be able to pick this up again, I've got to look at a lot more reference and get a solid idea on what i'm going for.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it struck me just now what it is. I'd make it more sharp and angular, like a tank. Less curvy and organic.