Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PS3 Socom Props and Enviro textures

veteran polycounter
Offline / Send Message
PixelMasher veteran polycounter
Hey dudes, Just pimping a bit more of the work I did for Socom on the ps3 here is a few of the props and world textures I did a while back. Ill continually update as a get more ready for the ol' folio. questions, comments, crits etc all welcome!

most of the props like the crates, trolley and comm equipment were done in about a 1-1.5 days for model/texture and the door/turbine took ~2 each.

blast_door01.JPG
KGB_crates01.JPG
Turbine01.JPG
comm_equipment01.JPG
rail_trolley01.JPG
world_tex01.JPG
world_tex02.JPG
world_tex03.JPG
world_tex04.JPG
world_tex05.jpg
world_tex05.JPG

Replies

• Pearson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good stuff! And I like the presentation alot, too.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Great stuff, I would ditch the toon shade in your presentation.
  • alexk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexk polycounter lvl 12
    cool stuff! question: for the Comm Equipment, are all the knobs, buttons, ripped section, from a highpoly or are they photosourced?
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    x2 on quality and presentation.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool stuff, I like the presentation too. Good quality, consistent assets.

I'm not such a huge fan of the ultra-desaturated and photo-sourced style, but I guess that was needed to fit the game style. I'm sure you could do some more eye-catching stuff in your own time if you wanted.
  • EbolaV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EbolaV keyframe
    great work :thumbup:
  • BHJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BHJ
    Looking good man - think the way you've presented your work makes it pack a bigger punch.

Good stuff!
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    wow, lotsa replys! I added the elevator shaft textures i did to the 1st post.

Pearson, malcom, cholden, ebolav, BHJ: thanks dudes, I was wondering if people would like it or not, some people dont like the slashed texture maps but im pretty sure i cant just show flats anyways.

Alexk: Due to time constraints, all these props had to be done in around 1-2 days so there was no time for a highpoly, so it was striaght up crazybump action on all the normals. for the comm equipment I built like 8 seperate little panel pieces that i just mapped to cubes/rectangles and slid ontop of the surface so i could get lots of variations outta the texture.

MoP: Thanks dude, glad to hear you like it. yea the desaturation and photo sourcing was pretty much the style of the game, especially on this dlc pack as all the maps are cold and such.

thanks for the replys, ill continue to update as i get more stuff folio ready.