Home Contests & Challenges Archives

UC'09 "END GAME" |ENODMI| 3D

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
logo.png
Never built an environment in 3d, so this could be major failure...oh well:)

Replies

• ENODMI
    Offline / Send Message
    How do you get to Heaven when you've already been sent to Hell? You dont. But that apperently hasn't stopped millions and millions worth of damned souls from trying their luck in the arena. The demon lord himself has made a deal: Make your way to the top of the tower and Heavens light shall return you. Only thing is... He's going to try and kill you every step of they way, and he has never lost! Ever ever. You lose here, you cease to exist forever. For. Ev. Ver. (Sandlot joke for ya)

Briefs wear'n Demon Lord is for scale only.
    HandH_sketch.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ENODMI
    Offline / Send Message
    Since my battle arena is going to be mostly symmetrical, I decided to figure out some modular/grid building techniques. So far it seems pretty straight forward. I also tested out some texture mapping techniques too (these are officially the 3rd and 4th models I have ever textured). The designs here are also just for testing, that's also why they look like poo:)
    snapping.jpg
  • d1ver
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Don't worry,Enodmy.(wow, that rhymes!) just keep doing it and I'm sure you'll give us something interesting to look at.
    Looking interesting so far btw.
  • ENODMI
    Offline / Send Message
    Another test from today... nothing special, just mostly testing out this whole normal mapping thing. I need to start sketching my shots for this too... im thinking a wide angle where you can see both ends of the arena. On the left will be a teeny tiny opening gate for a human, and on the right will be a silly big gate or throne for Satan. In the center will be the tower... and im thinking the shot will be so wide(fisheyed) that you'll see up to the heavens where Greentooth will smiling down from:) Anyways, I should have some sketches up later
    test.jpg
  • snakeeaterjns
    This work looks cool. Good luck.
  • ENODMI
    Offline / Send Message
    Still learning texturing... blood on blocks with glowing text that appears in shadows. Ha! So generic:)
    test2.jpg