Home General Discussion

Rhode Island life raft

Gestalt
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Gestalt polycounter lvl 11
If you are in Rhode Island area and are currently unemployed feel free to put down some contact information and your situation in this thread.

I was never part of 38 Studios, but the fact that hundreds of people are now unemployed in the Rhode Island area is going to make finding jobs much harder for everyone, especially given that 38 was pretty much the only game developer in the state.

Many people in the area were either just graduating and hoping to apply to 38, chose to go to school at places like NEIT and RISD to pursue the industry locally given the efforts of the studio to employ local talent over the next several years, were looking to apply to the studio in the near future, or were part of the studio itself; so there's plenty of people in the area who could use some support and connections.

Whether you were part of 38 or not, the pressure just mounted and now is the time to reach out and look for support. If you are interested in starting personal projects or independent work give contacts and info, if you need a job asap (even if it's outside the industry) maybe we can help you out!

Rob LaPlante
I am not currently looking for employment or have pressure to find employment. I am currently working on my own. If anyone needs some local help, regardless of pay (if there is any), just feel free to ask!
plant.cg@gmail.com

Replies