Home Unreal Engine

[UE4] The Death of UnrealScript and The Birth of a New Kismet

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
odd_enough polycounter lvl 9
Figured I might as well share this here for anyone interested :)

I spotted this article in my Beyond Unreal RSS feed this evening: http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=13596

The source article also goes into slightly more detail about the new Kismet system than the wired article. I linked the article to our lead programmer who then proceeded to jump around and hip thrust the air for 3 minutes straight when he got to the point about UE4 going 100% C++.

Replies

• Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check out the thread in general discussion.
  • odd_enough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odd_enough polycounter lvl 9
    Bah. Forgot that thread was there. Oh well.
  • Minato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minato polycounter lvl 5
    That thread is too crowded anyway,also there's a guy in there that tries too hard to convince us there's nothing special about this engine(which i find quite peculiar tbh),anyways,good thing i didn't get into uscript as much as i liked to,i just can't help but luv working with the Kismet(even though i'm a software engineer graduate),looking forward to the next generation K!...that is IF they make it available for us,which i think they will,at least in the case of Kismet 2...
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I honestly hope they release it the same way they did with UDK, but i highly doubt it, it would be too good.

But yeah Kismet 2 seems really nice, id loove for some moore info on the editor before i can pass judgement. Or at least a video covering the features in moore depth.