Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Current Work

Just wanted to post what I am working on. Keep going back into zbrush to add detail (wrinkles), and then re-rendering the normal map. In this render I am using a displacement and the normal map. Haven't tried using both a displacement and a normal map before but I am pretty happy with the result. Still have to work on the eye ducts too. Feedback is absolutely welcome. I will be posting the concepts work, this will be a fully fleshed out character...eventually.

Polycountrender.jpg

Replies

• Alex Pointer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just another update, close-up-want to add more subtle wrinkles.

DJFelix.jpg
  • Natland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Natland polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Felix,

This looks awesome! However I do think that his wrinkles are lacking weight. He doesn't really look like he should have wrinkles by how tight they are. Give them some gravity and I think it will look better.
    But I really like it regardless, good luck!

-Nat
  • Alex Pointer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the extremely delayed response. Just finished up my Master's so I FINALLY have time to continue working on this project, which is a huge relief!

To Natland- I definitely see what you mean, his head wrinkles are exaggerated too much and not subtle. I will go back on smooth these out in Zbrush, re-render the normal map, and the displacement, and see what I come up with. I have been working on the body but can't upload an image until tonight (at work).
  • Alex Pointer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have been listening to some Dubstep recently, which sounds very alien to me. With that idea in mind, I drew this quick concept of an alien dj'ing, playing some Dubstep and that is the basic idea behind this six-armed character.

In these rough sketches the character's proportions are pretty cartoony and the concept has evolved a bit since these two to make it more realistic but I am still working on those and will post them soon. Any feedback would be great!

drawings3.jpg

drawings-2.jpg
  • Alex Pointer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the most recent concept for the character. Sorry for the poor quality, my scanner is a camera. :)

DJ-Felix-version-2.jpg
  • Alex Pointer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, just wanted to post more progress from tonight. I added the body and scaled it, to try and get the general proportions right. I started shaping the lowest torso and a little bit of the lowest set of arms.

polycount-render-of-full-body.jpg