Home Technical Talk

Alpha To Coverage In Marmoset v1.05

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
leoartz polycounter lvl 11
Hello,

Iam currently having problem with my alpha planes. This seems to me like its the Alpha Sorting Issue. However It displays fine inside Marmoset viewport with Alpha to Coverage turned on but Doesnt work when i take a screenshot ( Render )

Here are few images to explain further

rw6DF.jpg

dFmmu.jpg

It would be great if anyone could help. Thank you

Girish

Replies

• Giankharlo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Giankharlo polycounter lvl 5
    Im having some issues too , for my character's eyelashes Im not pretty sure how it works but Im not getting the transparency effect I want , here I ll post a prtscn:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ko7uabiecohjo06

Im mapping a targa file in the diffusse slot and then a alpha file in the translucency slot but doesnt work ... im not sure how it works... any help will be very appreciated

thankssss

if someone can explain this in detail would be really appreciated , cause Im just a begginer on this
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    While I don't think I can help the OP, I do know that you're doing things the wrong way, Giankharlo.

The translucency slot is to mask which areas receive lighting on both front and backfaces to simulate how light penetrates materials like cloth and leaves. To get transparency, you need to put your transparency map in the alpha channel of your diffuse texture and save it as a 32-bit TGA.