Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Avatar Euro Penalty Shootout Frontscreen

Hi Guys,

I'm just sharing the front screen i'm doing for an upcoming xbox 360 indie game i'm working on that's getting released at the end of the month. I welcome any good feedback with it. I think it's nearly there but could do with some tweaking here in there.

I'm aware of the obvious bad shading on the avatars face. I'll photoshop that later!

Also, i'm going to add a goal and reduce the ripples on all the flags.

Cheers

AEPSFrontScreen2.png

Replies

• TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    i dont know if its meant to be this was or what but where the guys standing the green has more contrast?
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    render out some rim light all the stupid XB characters have it. and please reduce the ripples on the flags ;D. and maybe have the flags drop shadow go a direction. One more thing all the the flags look like they are rounded at the corners last time I checked flags are flat.
  • gateian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated. Yeah, there is a bit of a white "swoop" going on in the background and it does look a bit weird there, so I'll take a look at that. Totally agree on the flags. They are rectangular, but the shading seems to make them look rounded as you've pointed out.

Always eagle eyes, you guys! Cheers :D
  • aaronaton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aaronaton polycounter lvl 6
    i know the black and white ball is symbolic but its v.outdated. Everytime i see it, it just makes me feel that the designers have little interest in football. Take a look at some more modern football designs or better still take a look at how the euro2012 ball will look like.
  • gateian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah that's a good thought. I'll ponder over that one. I chose that one because of it's symbolism and also it's err towards the cartoon style, but I can see it from your perspective too.
  • gateian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is an update to the frontscreen with some of your suggestions. Think it's looking much better now. Thanks for the feedback!

AEPSFrontScreen3.jpg