6.jpg

early WIP work
BaseMeshes.jpg
Progress1.jpg
Progress2.jpg
Progress3-1.jpg
HutProgress.jpg
TowerProgress.jpg

This is a project I'v been working on to try and build up an environment for UDK based on the old CYAN game Riven. I just think that game and this island is one of the most beautiful environments I have ever seen, but I was always frustrated that you couldn't explore everything since it was point and click.

As always all crits are welcome, this is the first large environment I have ever set to work on so I could do with any of kind advice on the best way to go about organising the workflow.

I'm very curious about how the ridges are split up, whether they should be smaller sections or not, and what texture sizes I should ultimately use for the different ridge sections.

The hope is that I can eventually release this as a UDK map and give fans of the old game a chance to explore inside the huts, guard towers and what ever they want. I did get permission to recreate this from CYAN as its just for experience.

I'm mainly working on sculpts at the moment, so it will take awhile before I get to play around with spec maps and so on.

Replies