Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Poseidon sculpt scene

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
dannedadon polycounter lvl 11
Hi everyone! Me again! Starting a new thread :P I feel like a got too many threads going but there are so many things I want to do and it's nice jumping between projects depending on what you feel like working on :)

Im doing a sculpt scene this time, no low poly, no texture, no optimizing. Just a pure old sculpt :) super relaxing.

This is what I have so far (Still working on the anatomy)
poseidon_sculpt01.jpg

And this is a concept of what I want the final thing to look like. But I am very open to suggestions and alterations if anyone has a cool idea.
poseidon_concept.jpg

Replies

• joshA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that looks rely nice i think the bellybutton look a little to low but thats just me

keep it up
  • dannedadon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, hmm. Ill have to take a look at it. I posed him in the scene I want and I'm working on the general feel of the scene and layout.
    Here is an update. After I've posed him ill go back and work on the anatomy for the sitting pose and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be.

update_01.jpg
  • TheGoozah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Interesting scene.
    *subscribed*
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    Nice! Reminds me of one of Vinod Rams`s "soul leach" concepts from singularity
  • dannedadon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh shit, i forgot to mention that in my initial post. It is that concept. I really liked the concept and wanted to do a version of it. Going to do a low poly version later on for it and have some co-workers do a rig and animation on it :)

thanks btw
  • dannedadon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    progress is slow but steady :)
    Im still working on the composition and where everything should go and all the different elements in the scene. Starting to near the end of it, I just want to think through the image a little first. One thing I'm not sure what to do with is the light source. This is supposed to be pretty deep sea so I cant keep the godrays. Thought about having the "eels" radiating some kind of light as well as the trident and the crown.

Anyway, here is the update:
    concept5.jpg

and here is the scene without my doodeling on top.
    update_02.jpg