Offline / Send Message
Vio polycounter lvl 6
DA7.jpg
DA12.jpg
DA2.jpg
DA6.jpg
DA11.jpg
DA1.jpg

Its at a late stage, due in for next Tuesday, needs a vid orbit and so on but if anyone has any post process crits or tips, thank you.

Replies

• Der Hollander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To be honest, your scale and overall uniformly flat specular are making him look like an action figure. Unless the environment is a requirement for the project, I'd nix it and just give him a small diorama or base to stand on.
  • Vio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
    To be honest, your scale and overall uniformly flat specular are making him look like an action figure. Unless the environment is a requirement for the project, I'd nix it and just give him a small diorama or base to stand on.

Hi Der Hollander. Thanks for the feedback. I'll do some tweaking with that spac map, they are something I always seem to struggle with when I put them in an engine.

As for the environment I will be doing both one on a platform and these sets on an environment, just been trying to work on a suitable base.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try throwing a rimlight on him.
  • Vio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    action jesus, to the rescue!
  • Sculptaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think in the future you should keep each project in a single thread rather then starting a new thread almost every time you make a change. It will make it easier for everyone (including yourself) to see your progress as you go.

I like the turn table ones the best. But I would probably keep playing around with it to see if I could get anything a bit better. I suck at lighting and rendering so no actual advice on where to go with it.
  • Vio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
    @ Cannon, lol

@ Sculptaur, sure I will make more effort to find those posts in future with bookmarking. I just find the poly count search thing is too buggy for me. I do a search to find it and it either doesn't find it or if I try a different combination there's a time limit on another search :S
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ You can find all your threads in your profile.
  • Sculptaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, oh ok. You can go to your profile, then to Statistics and then "Find all threads started by Vio"

You can also subscribe to a thread by going to the Tools menu directly above the first post.

Hope that helps. :)
  • Vio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
    lol, how did I miss that, Cheers guys. I will used that in future.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    I do get the whole "black"-thing but it's making the shapes really hard to read, if you're going to have a really dark color-scheme then maybe go for only shades of grey. Using 100% isn't a good idea.

You need to work on the specular as well, the material definition suffers because of that. Using a rim-light might help a bit , but you might want to take the time to spend at least a day on each texture. 1 day for working only on the diffuse making sure it looks really good, then 1 day on the spec to make sure you nail that material definition, and if you're using gloss as well throw that on there.
  • Dnna1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I can learn to join you slowly.www.cleaningcassette.com