Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Recent drawings that I'd like some critique on.

Hey, polycount! Here are a few drawings, so, uh, when you find something wrong with them, please put your critique in the posts. Thanks in advance!

cci03111.jpg

This one, was actually one I drew up earlier today.

cci04211.jpg

Found this in the far back of my sketchbook. This may have been from a month or two ago, maybe?

Anyway, uh, comments are appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    dude if you want people to take time to crit you, at least take the time to turn the pictures straight

that said, it's hard to crit random sketches... if you wanted feedback on, say, figure drawings, or color studies, then you'd actually get some useful crits

but here's one for ya anyway, because I don't want to just be a total dick with this post. The tree bark needs better definition, and the leaves are just big grey blobs... and you've just ended the trunk with a leaf blob instead of trying to make it look like a real tree. The stumps of missing branches look like tumors or bite marks or something, because of the radial lines you have around them. Do some real tree studies.
  • XXWeaponXX7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, uh, sorry about that. I've turned my pictures sideways. And, to be honest, I do need to do more work on my tree. especially the leaves, which I half-assed. (My english period was ending, and that was the end of my school day.)

THanks for the critique, and don't worry about being a "total dick". It means a lot that you took the time, to come and help me do better with art. Thanks!
  • XXWeaponXX7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And those aren't tree stumps. They were meant to have a cancerous look, but the one in the center didn't come out right at all. Thanks, again!