Home General Discussion

Survey on housing space

HAL
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
HAL polycounter lvl 13
Hello Polycount!

This is a little bit offtopic buuut.

I'm doing a survey for one of my architecture classes.

To be more precise, I want to collect data on the size of some rooms and how important they are to you in order to develop new concepts for room distribution in housing spaces.

I would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out that little anonymous survey (it should take ~2 minutes)

http://kwiksurveys.com?s=LCDNLF_7b0ac221

Also please spread it around, the more the better ;)

Thank you!

Replies

• System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    I don't know if it is relevant or will help but I did my architecture dissertation on Japanese design and Zen living and how they adapt to the tiny spaces they live in in metropolitan areas.

There's a lot of design concepts rooted in the Zen Buddhism ideals and there are some great books on how they've developed ingenious ways of maximising spatial usage in modern homes and commercial properties.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Get a stumbleupon account and search for architecture links, you'll find some really interesting pictures in there. It's amazing what people can do with a confined space...
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    TeeJay: Sounds interesting, will read it up :D thank you!

Andreas: How could I miss that until now.... thanks!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I think stumbleupon is similar to reddit, but I've never actually used reddit so I'm not sure. From what I hear I really don't want to get a reddit account :P