Home Technical Talk

Tried out HD Geo in ZBrush... now I can't divide

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
And yes, I've already cloned my tool... still no dice. I also messed with the memory limit and adjusted it so I could have more divisions. Other than that, I haven't touched a thing. I don't understand why a simple clone won't get rid of the geo. That's what I've read to do in this case. Any ideas?

EDIT: Meh, wasn't that far into it. Just started over. I read in the help that you can't undo it, but I don't know. I've seen some places online that said the clone thing worked.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Once HD Geo kicks in, you have to divide through HD instead of the standard way.

If the HD was a mistake and you can't Ctrl+Z out of it, or if you figure you just dont need that many polygons afterall, the solution is to turn off the HD preview if it is currently on, hit the Make Polymesh3D button (which is like creating a clone of the mesh, but only in its current state with all other data gone). You can then subdivide the PM3D version normally, or Reconstruct Subdiv levels to try and recreate any lost lower levels.
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks! I opened up that file and it worked. Genius!