Home Technical Talk

align vertices in mudbox

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone, so im making a landscape square in mudbox, the problem is I messed up somewhere along the way and a few of my vertices on the top dont align with the rest of the plane's border anymore. is there a way to align vertices with each other so i can just snap them back in place?

my current way of fixing this is just transfering details to another plane, but that creates some extra work for me to do to get it right. would be nice if i didnt have to worry about it and could just snap them at anytime.

Replies

• oglu
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    there is no snapping in mud...

but you could try to use a top down cam and the flatten brush...disable update plane in the advanced settings of the brush... hold down the cursor on a plane surface and stroke over the rest, should bring everything to the same level...
  • Macattackk
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    ugh, well the thing is im trying to make it be a perfect square again, not flatten the actual terrain.

its just the border vertices are not aligned in the top view because of using smooth and i think bulge.

i dont get why sculpting programs cant implement more options for more precise movement of components. just cause its more freeform doesnt mean it cant be exact too.
  • cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Macattackk wrote: »
    i dont get why sculpting programs cant implement more options for more precise movement of components. just cause its more freeform doesnt mean it cant be exact too.

this
  • oglu
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    than i would do a sculpt layer... and use the mask brush to get the original back...
    or import the subdivided original plane as layer and mask the areas out i dont want to be affected...
    or do the snappng in maya and import that back as layer...