• joshA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that is really nice, are you going to texture it i'll love to see that
  • ClamJam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats really cool man.
    im sure it comes down to the texturing, but the thing on his arm is hard to distinguish what material it is.

great work keep it up
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    thanks guys! dunno if im gonna texture this, its more of a sculpting excercise for now, I am aiming at making rough yet readable...dunno its gonna be hard lol

MonkWip3.jpg
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Really nice, Its really looking better and better,
    The only thing bugging me at the moment is the shoulder, kinda feel like something is not right there,

Nice job, keep going :)
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks Tits! Yeah I see what you mean with the shoulders, I'll have to work it out a tad more to that it isnt so ballish.
    For now, im speedsculpting more of this guy, here is the rest, roughly.

Don't hesistate if you see anything in the proportions that look weird, I'll take as much feedback as possible.

Thanks. D3 - One week to go ...yay!

MONKWIP5637.jpg
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Heyy! The feet are still a bit ''muddy'' but for the rest its really cool, very nice job :D!!
    You shall finish it before the 15th!!
  • Helgezone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is really cool! All that cloth and stuff is coming out great.
    I'm getting this slightly uncomfortable feeling from his shoulders, tho. Aside from the already mentioned shape, they seem a bit raised and unrelaxed, making his neck look short. Actually, I dunno... I think it looks fine in post #5 >__< Weird.
    Anyway, keep up the good work! :D
  • chaosblade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, looking good so far! ye as Tits said; his deltoid should be more triangular in shape. would love to see him in a pose- especially if it is always only going to stay a sculpt. 7 days to D3!
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    thanks for the input guys, I went back to this model, it was originally a 3d print project I never finished...so I thought id take the time to give it another go and wrap this up, I wanted to share the progress on here if you guys have tips before this thing gets printed , I'll try to get the HR done before the expansion is out and suck me in : )

3.png

revistwip2.png
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    alright, although it took me forever to gain interest back into this, I've been playing a monk in RoS to get me inspired, and now this hires is wrapped up!

hope you like it!

Full_02.png

Full_04.png
  • grahamku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That looks really great. I think the clothes in particular are really dynamic. My only criticism is the head looks a little misshapen. I know heads aren't perfectly smooth but maybe there are one or two too many bumps in there.

When you start a sculpt do you start with just a sphere or cube that you then add to, or do you first make a low poly model in Maya or something? I really need to start using Zbrush more but I have a hard time starting projects.
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    hey grahamku ,

i have a hard time finishing stuff :)
    thanks for the comment, I do agree his head does have an overexagerrated look to it, all I was aiming for is the top of the head to not look smooth but for future projects I will research into where exactly that stuff happens on skulls..

for this project everything started from a sphere, then a lot of extractions + dynamesh... I've just started building from basic forms, but if you want a tip for starting stuff I would definitely suggest gathering really cool images of the subject you want to practice, ref is key not only for shape but for motivation ! I've been looking at all the diablo monk art pics I could get, hope helps you starting your own work. cheers!
  • killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter
    nice work wizo!