Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for Concept Artists!

iw5bloi8.jpg

Hey guys,

My name is Kjell Bunjes and I am the Team Leader & Art Director of the upcoming Action Adventure Mindworld: Shattered Dreams. The team consists of people who are either working professionally in the industry or are ambitious to do so. We are currently looking for concept artists, who are capable of coming up with various creative designs for environment art.

You can check the game's page right here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mindworld-shattered-dreams

Your task would be to define the environments of surreal dream worlds.
Previous concept art:
pebapxx5.jpg

hxpf2o56.jpg
(by Adam Clark and Markus Lovadina)

Requirements:
• Efficient workflow in digital art
• Strong foundation skills (perspective, color theory, composition etc.)
• Strong skills in environmental art
• Well-organized data management
• Teamplayer
• Past work to show

Bonus:
• Strong skills in industrial design
• Strong skills in illustration
• Experienced with single client work
• Experienced with studio work
• Online Portfolio

You are going to work along with other concept artists and produce quick design sketches as visual brainstorming and also work with specific guidelines on full concepts in the pipeline of pre-production. It is definitely a bonus, if you can adapt other art styles quickly, because you are going to follow the directions of our Lead Concept Artists (4+ to 16+ years of professional experience in the industry).

We expect that you work in a professional manner. You are going to develop quick design sketches to set the style for each surreal dream level, come up with variations and paint fully detailed art works. You are going to get art direction and in-depth feedback multiple times in the design process for each piece.

This position requires a minimum of 3-5 hours per week. You have the chance to work on fully detailed illustration (environment and character art) in addition, if you're interested.

We use DropBox and Skype for the exchange of data and information.

Interested in working with us?
Please, get in touch with me via E-Mail (Kjellbunjes@gmail.com) or add me on Skype directly (iqewarts) to discuss further details in a personal interview. You can also send me a private message beforehand.

Thanks for your time,
Kjell 'iQew' Bunjes
(Team Leader & Art Director)