Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Old rusty forklift

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
zbyszko polycounter lvl 7
Hello polycount, for the last few days i have been working on this forklift. As you can see thi is hi poly version, but In a few days i will show you low poly model.

old_rusty_forklift_by_bosman697-d4vw3jy.png

old_rusty_forklift_another_view_by_bosman697-d4vw3wq.png

Replies

• Seirei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good start, but I'd recommend to work on the way you present these pictures.

The gray model on the gray background are blending into each other at some points. You should try to make the model 'pop' a little bit more. :)
  • zbyszko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello polycount, I done the low poly version of the forklift and now i start to texturing it. I have a little problem with the tire i don't know how to textring it to make this realistic. So far i done the metal body of the forklift. Below the printscreen from blender, so this is only diffuse map so far.
    wozekprocess.gif

wozek2.png

wozek3.png

wozek1.png
    What you think?
  • respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    I don't see the rust.Looks like excesive scratched metal ? Maybe post some reference of what you want the final look to be.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    At least turn on perspective in the viewport, really strange to look at :P
    Way to noisy at the moment, establish the big things first before going into scratches and dirt.
    Also wondering what the seat is supposed to be made of, looks like stone right now, there also seems to be a few holes in your mesh, where I can see the background color.
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    very cool Finish IT
  • zbyszko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    At last I'm finish this model. He has got 10900 tris, 2048x2048 diffuse, specular and normal map and small 256x256 dissuse and normal map for chain ( the specular map for chain i make in UDK material editor )
    there also seems to be a few holes in your mesh, where I can see the background color.
    Thanks i did not notice this, so i fill the holes.
    Render in UDK
    forklift_render_in_udk_by_bosman697-d52pnko.png
    forklift2.png

forklift3.png

wireframe2.gif

diffused.jpg

diflan.jpg