Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Rigging Reel 2012

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Amatobahn polycounter lvl 7
Hey Crunchers, Just finished up a somewhat new reel for rigging — This is work done for Xenonauts, Eight Bit Strange, and BetSoft Games.

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    I see some weird deformations going on with the shoulder of all the organic characters. It is moving a bit fast so it is hard to tell exactly whats going on. Have you done any animation with the new rigs. I think that would really help me see what is going on with the skin.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Yup, the shoulders for your organics have weird deformation.

I'd say over all, the reel is really long for what it is. Most rigging reels are long, yes, but you really don't show anything different throughout your characters. You show basic deformation, and basic bone setups. Do you have ik / fk switching or anything like that? If so, show that stuff!

Showing 3 bikes that all look the same for the most part, showing the same rigging on all of them. It's a waste of time. Obviously if you have made 1 bikes wheels spin, we know you can do it to all of them.

I see all these attributes when you select certain controllers. Show us that stuff! After the first character, we get that you can create a skeleton and hook it up. make the legs and arms move and all that. Showing us the same thing 4 or 5 times isn't a good idea.

I suggest you pick one of those characters and really focus on it. Show us EVERYTHING you did with it. If you made them stretchy, show us. If you have ik/fk switching / matching, show us. If you have scaling, show us. Get what Im saying? Show each aspect ONCE.