Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character_Werewolf

Replies

• wilksy92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sounds cool. cant wait to see your concept.
  • Dysengaged
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    not exactly familiar with werewolf anatomy, and this might just be personal preference, but the waist/hips on all of the front view silhouettes look far to thin/weird
    I wish I could illustrate exactly what I meant
  • BIGSOG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first one still has a reasonable shilouette, while 2, 3 and 4 look like roadkills :P . I'd say go for a heavy, chunky yet humanoid Wolf, that should be easiest to do, since you can look at human anatomy for reference. Get an artists anatomy book and get acqainted with the shape defining muscle groups then doodle your concept.
    No more to say at this point, good Luck with your assignment ^^
  • wolfonthehorizon
    I did a werewolf creature for one of my university assignments, I re created "Tails" from the sonic series, this mite be abit more bulky than the look you was going for but it mite help :)

presentation1.jpg
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great to see that youve started a thread :) I think you should build the form around anatomy, and it is a werewolf you have two great refs, human anatomy and wolf anatomy.

[IMG][/img]WereWolf_anatomy_WIP_by_jackcallahan.jpg

[IMG][/img]wolf-skeleton.jpg

These are two images i just found, and if you look at it, the werewolf design has the skeleton of the wolf. With this idea and the knowledge that werewolves are part human part wolf we can sort of fill in the gaps.

The werewolf has the skeleton of a wolf, erego the human characteristics must come from the muscular structure. If you look at dogs and wolves you will notice very little muscle around the chest area and alot around the deltoids and quads. But whenever we see an image of a werewolf in the media it has a human chest.

I suck at explaining but hopefully this should help with designing the werewolf...

wolfonthehorizon - love that model man :) great concept to base it off of too :)

EDIT: another thing i just noticed, the skeletal structure of the werewolves hand resembles a human hand not a wolfs :)
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Your Red idea reminds me of a recent "Once upon a time" episode involving red.

Looking at your refence images they seem to be the bulky sort of werewolves where as you are going with more of a skinny version judging from your silhouettes. Maybe you could check out Professor Lupin from the 3rd Harry Potter if memory serves they went with the skinny kind.

Werewolf.jpg

Also watch "Dog Soldiers". There has and never will be a better Werewolf movie. Period.
  • Dysengaged
  • Dysengaged
  • mnphear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mnphear polycounter lvl 9
    Di$array wrote: »
    Your Red idea reminds me of a recent "Once upon a time" episode involving red.

Looking at your refence images they seem to be the bulky sort of werewolves where as you are going with more of a skinny version judging from your silhouettes. Maybe you could check out Professor Lupin from the 3rd Harry Potter if memory serves they went with the skinny kind.

Werewolf.jpg

Also watch "Dog Soldiers". There has and never will be a better Werewolf movie. Period.

Twilight is!!

bwhahahahahahahah....good one! XD
  • Dysengaged
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Make sure you keep his legs nice and muscular, that should keep them from being to skinny and flat looking
  • Dysengaged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The character is a girl so im trying to limit the muscles so that it doesnt look to manly.
    This werewolf will be more slimming like the small concept above. Still keeping to the traditional style of a werewolf but making it look more femanine. :)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Since Werewolf's don't exist, you can do whatever you want with them to make them look unique.

However, if you're supposed to be following some kind of 'rule' (and yes, in the Fur-dom world, they actually do have guidelines for what are the basics of a Werewolf) then just google 'Female Werewolf' and you'll see almost all of them following the basic design of "Slim Amazonian with Fox face and breasts".

You could make it 6 breasts if you like ;P
  • Dysengaged