Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Art dump

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
Finally got around to updating my portfolio. My bakery ended up going bust (short version, it was a success from the outside, but was requiring too much work from me, and my health was deteriorating because of it). So it's back to 3D. These are various personal and professional projects from the past 3 years. Doing some new stuff as well, and some art test, looking for work if any of you have any leads, and I have an experienced gameplay programmer husband looking to tag along. Twofer-one. :-)

Toy sculpts for McFarlane's line of Halo toys. All of these are water-tight, no floaties allowed. In fact on the Scorpion tank, which was my first model for them, I wasn't 100% clear on whether intersecting was ok, so the entire turret is one contiguous mesh, hah!

halo_warthog.jpg

halo_scorpion.jpg

halo_olifant.jpg

halo_props.jpg

These were for the feature film I worked on here in Iceland. It won't get a US release, but almost every other country on earth will get it. It's already out in South Korea, and I think it opened in Germany and the Benelux area over easter. It's actually pretty good, trailer here: www.legendsofvalhalla.com I did a few models, tons of lighting, and some compositing as well.

caoz_rock_giant_pose.jpg

caoz_dumb_giant_pose.jpg

iPad work, the environments use a lightbake on a 2nd UV channel so they run in real time with this lighting. You can download Infernus verse 1 for free, but 2, which this shot is from, costs 2 or 3 dollars. Everything had to be done by me, concepts, 3d, textures, etc. I was the only person on the project other than a programmer and producer.

motalen_jack.jpg

motalen_vs2.jpg

DS work from a longass time ago. I can't even tell if the in game model is mine anymore, as the screenshots show some differences, but it was definitely done for this project.

meet_robinsons.jpg

From a small platformer that Agust and I are going to finish one of these days.

iris_poses.jpg

iris_tex.jpg

Zombie link from a competition. I didn't finish it in time for the comp though.

zombie_link_pose.jpg

zombie_link_tex.jpg

Several more views, concepts, wireframes, etc on my webpage: http://www.mr-chompers.com/3d/3d.htm

Replies