Home Technical Talk

Weird general image quality problems

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
sheckee polycounter lvl 9
I'm having some weird problems with image quality when opening an image in anything really. I've tried with Photoshop, Paint and Photo Viewer.

I'll print screen my port view in Maya and then paste it into paint or photoshop, save it and then when I view it the quality is lost completely. It gets this weird noisy, darkness in shadows and all of the colours change a little bit to become darker. It's hard to explain but here's a print screen of something i'm working on. Hopefully you can see it.

This happens when I save images from webpages sometimes too, the image on the webpage looks perfectly fine, i'll save it or copy it into PS/Paint and suddenly it looks dirty. You also get these weird 'bands' of colour, where the colours aren't exactly blended together properly. I really can't describe it more than that, only that it's very annoying!

I'm not expecting anyone to really know how to sort this issue based on how I describe it (poorly, I know) but just hoping really.

Edit, the moment I upload the image to imageshack and preview it in my browser, the quality is fine again.
So now I seem like a crazy person! But the problem is there. The images hue changes and generaly becomes darker and grainy in anything other than my browser it seems. Weird!

Replies

• poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    that'll be your windows/monitor/Photoshop colour settings not playing nice with each other.

I set everything to use adobe sRGB because I have Samsung monitors and their drivers are total poo. Whether its accurate or not I don't know (or care tbh) but at least it's consistent