Offline / Send Message
Vio polycounter lvl 6
DavidArcherProgress11.jpg

DavidArcherProgress8.jpg

DavidArcherProgress9.jpg

DavidArcherProgress6.jpg

DavidArcherProgress7.jpg

DavidArcherProgress10.jpg

Just doing an update of the proportion changes this week. Still needs a bit of a tweak on the arm size though, I'm going to have to do that on the retop given my time constraints now but please any kind of crits are gold dust, I'm getting very hungry to improve, cheers everyone.

I'll have the hair planes in the next update.

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    The arms seem to be digging into the Shoulder and Pectoral area, tone those down so they're more 'lean' then bulky and fit the arms better (or give the arms more mass), but you already knew this ;P

Straps on the knee caps stuff, thighs should be slightly thicker, etc.

Mind posting up a side view? His butt seems to be sticking out too much maybe?
  • Vio
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
    DavidArcherProgress12.jpg
    Here's one of the side view with perspective on. Good point about the shoulders, I should neaten that up.

The pads on the knee pads are meant to be stitch's into the trousers, I'v seen a few new combat trousers like that that don't use straps. Maybe I should just make it more obvious that there's a weight stitch above it, it loops around the legs.

Thanks again.
  • zakhar2
    Offline / Send Message
    zakhar2 polycounter lvl 6
    Is it me or are his feet fucking huge? Like im getting serious clown- shoe vibes from them.
  • Vio
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
    zakhar2 wrote: »
    Is it me or are his feet fucking huge? Like im getting serious clown- shoe vibes from them.

DavidArcherProgress13.jpg
    Good point made a few changes looking at the real boots. changed the scale based on a scale for an 8th percentile figure.
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    He needs moar butt ;P

Seriously though, he needs more butt with all the running, jogging and other strength trainings he most likely did, not too much mind you, but enough that it represents his lean muscular look.

I'm sure google would do a better job at showing butts at you then I could.
  • respawnrt
  • Phil101
    respawnrt wrote: »
    Yc9R0.jpg

How so? there's no laces or mud on those. Do you mean by shape?
  • Phil101
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    He needs moar butt ;P

Seriously though, he needs more butt with all the running, jogging and other strength trainings he most likely did, not too much mind you, but enough that it represents his lean muscular look.

I'm sure google would do a better job at showing butts at you then I could.

Great just want I need "google man ass" lol
  • Vio
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
    On it, there's some good side references at 3D.sk of course. Not sure about that boots comparison, maybe if I take some of the mud off the laces?
  • Rockley Bonner
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    Im Guessing this is very highpoly that came out of zbrush. In fact, Most of it looks that way, snag a modeling program like max or maya. It also looks like the boots are connected to the body as a whole try to build them in a modeling program. Your overall shape looks blobby like its been sub devided a bunch of times and then worked on in a high sub division. The pant wrinkles aren't that great either, try using a reference and avoiding symetry.

The beard looks really bad. You have a seperate chunk of sub devided geometry and then trying to blend it with a texture. its not working. Try making the beard one texture or a single geo beard.

keep it up!