Home General Discussion

Project "About a Girl"

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Phoenix995 polycounter
http://youtu.be/csLYCu8Sqck

Hey Guys, i just finished a short clip!
I know there are a few things that could be better, but the deadline is near so i had to render it..

There are two things that i do still need, the first is a short phrase at the end of the clip, to tell the viewer that she is the bartender and a tough girl!

The second thing is, i need a good background music... do you know anything that would match this clip??

thanks in advance!

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I'd probably go for some kind of typical jangly guy-at-the-piano music like you'd get in a typical Western saloon scene. If you're not going to do a full foley track, you could mix a few crowd voice loops under it to fill out the space a bit and make the environment feel a bit more alive.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Not too bad, congratulations on finishing it.

What kind of project was this? Honestly it looks like you took on too much. I can tell a lot of work went into this, but even then nothing seems particularly polished. The characters are a bit stiff and wooden, the animation is a little robotic and at times hard to follow, the constant fades just seem strange.

And I'm really not entirely sure if I 'get it'. Like, I follow the general story... but why is her being a bartender so significant? I mean, I guess that says she can throw them out. But I just.. hmm, I don't know.

Also, the phrase at the end:

"You never know, who's the Bartender."

I get what you're trying to say here, it's just got some awkward phrasing. Bartender shouldn't be capitalized, that comma should probably go, etc.

Some music or ambient sound would help a lot for sure, just search for some royalty free stuff and find something that fits the length.
  • Phoenix995
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 polycounter
    thanks for the advice!

i just did my A levels and this is the application project for a school i would like to go to. The thing is that you don't have to know any 3d programs to go to this school, you also could do a claymation clip or something like that.

I clearly will change the phrase at the end but i have no idea into what...