Home General Discussion

Epic Mickey 2

Mongrelman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
The game a few of us at Blitz are working on was just announced

http://www.gamesradar.com/disney-epic-mickey-2-power-two-preview-whats-new/

Should get more attention than Puss in Boots has :)

Replies

• BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    I got a massive Disney boner this morning when I saw it. Loved the first one and glad to hear it'll be on an HD console.

Sorry to hear though you guys have to use gamebryo. That thing needs to die a slow painful death.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    BlvdNights wrote: »
    I got a massive Disney boner this morning when I saw it. Loved the first one and glad to hear it'll be on an HD console.

Sorry to hear though you guys have to use gamebryo. That thing needs to die a slow painful death.

Huh? I never had any trouble developing on Gamebryo.

Congrats on the game, sad to see it taken out of Austin though (edit: looks like Junction Point is hiring up for something else , so that's good)
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    Blitz is porting the other SKUs, JPS is developing the Wii/lead SKU.

Also, I'm pretty excited to try it out on the other systems. I kind of gave up on buying Wii games awhile back, so I'm hoping they get the 360 controls working well.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    I've been wondering for some time now, how was the first Epic Mickey? I've seen it around for $20 and considered picking it up but have yet to do so, primarily because I've just never liked Mickey Mouse as a character. Of all Disney's creations, I always thought Mickey and his lot were just plain silly.

That being said I'm perfectly willing to open up and accept the mouse if the game as a whole is a worthwhile experience. Anyone have thoughts on it?
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    I still need to pick up the first one!
    Huh? I never had any trouble developing on Gamebryo.

I worked with it as a programmer, and I found it to be absolutely horrific; it constituted a scenegraph, some really rudimentary tools and not much else - it also painfully lacked any real documentation. This was about six years ago though, so things may have changed since then.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    BlvdNights wrote: »
    Sorry to hear though you guys have to use gamebryo.

My commiserations to all at Blitz. Gamebryo is pure AIDS.

I played the first one a little on the Wii, found it to be surprisingly playable. :)
  • Andreas