Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ART DUMP: Hyperspace Madness

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
I was asked back in December if I was interested in some freelance on a sci fi project with Autodesk by the wonderful Jason Lavoie.

He had me at Jason Lavoie: Hey asshole I've got this project...

So I got on board and worked with Jason Taylor owner of Little Zoo Studio to help model and texture a few assets for Autodesks project for GDC. A couple other fellow Polycounters were part of the project and are more than welcome to join in my thread and show up their art. It was a fun project for sure.

Hyperspace Madness was a project Autodesk put together to show off all their different game software packages. Instead of individual displays for max, maya, beast, etc they had the crazy idea of making a full on game utilizing their software and the awesome tools in UDK.

The results were quite awesome and if anyone saw it at GDC would like to know what you thought. I am hoping Autodesk will release it to the public to play around with.

So here is the art.

The first piece I did was the main character Svens' weapon. Dubbed "THE MEGAGUN"

megagun_01.jpg

megagun_02.jpg
megagun_03.jpg
megagun_04.jpg

The next piece I did was this huge portal object that is in the background of the level and can be seen from just about anywhere. This thing is huge.

portal_01.jpg

portal_02.jpg

portal_hp.jpg

I have another piece I did that I need to get nicer renders of but until then here is some shots of the game.

hyperspace_madness_01.jpg
hyperspace_madness_02.jpg
hyperspace_madness_03.jpg

Replies