Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Little Observation Bot

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
Thought I would make an actual thread for this, now. I've been working on this in my spare time for a while, and am about ready to wrap it up. Whether I can take it to game-res really depends on free time (I might just have to call this done).

I'll post some better renders later, but in the mean time here are the original mass-model, the detailed up model (both set up in SketchUp) which I took into 3ds Max and from there produced the high-poly (which I'll post up soon).

maintenance_bot_wip.jpg

maintenance_bot_end_sept_2011.jpg

Here's a little teaser low-res rendering what I'm composting in After Effects.

[vv]38777243[/vv]

Here's a link:
http://vimeo.com/38777243

I plan to do some more animation, and have some close-up views scrolling vertically on the sides. Please excuse the crappy res, I did something wrong in the HD settings in AE, but I'll get it all worked out, soon.

Thanks for looking

Replies

• Jeremy Wright
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, good point. I was trying to make a little drone/observer, I don't know why I've been using 'maintenance" in my head.

Thanks!

(edit) and thanks to Rooster for changing the thread title!
  • Alphavader
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    looks nice, a lil bit like
    warhammers "tau" - maybe its a good ref. to get more functions
    on your bot, like armor or weapons ;)

TauCommander.jpg

iam curious whats coming next ;)
  • Jeremy Wright
    Offline / Send Message
    No. Nothing like that. I'm not really looking for any reference images, right now.

I'm done with war-bots. I've spent years designing mecha that fought, destroyed, killed, etc. and I honestly don't have any interest in that anymore. My goal has been to design mechs that I feel look "cool" but don't support the notion of death and destruction as past-time.

Doesn't mean they can't exist in a story where action/suspense take place, but I'm going in a different direction.

I don't know what's coming next, to be honest. :)