Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Super Suit Man

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
DJ_Aaron polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys im just doing this little side project while am at college and im attempting my first go at a proper character. I havent made up concept for this guy but the insperation is along the lines of the suits/armor from of gears of war, Halo and crysis but im just giving myself a bit of freedom towards the design so changes can easily be made. for starters, hes face and body is seprate so i can put some sort of helmet on him. base mesh was done in max and is now in zbrush hard suface scultping, his helmet and hands are not made yet and still working on everythingCapture22.jpg

. Crit would be nice, just trying to improve my skills thanks :)

Capture20.jpg
gears-of-war-3b.jpg&w=626&h=350&ei=OblbT73ZK8PF0QXA_qXWDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=409&vpy=187&dur=1973&hovh=168&hovw=300&tx=192&ty=71&sig=104320475358688262797&sqi=2&page=2&tbnh=122&tbnw=218&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:18

Replies

• DJ_Aaron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, just cleaned up his metal plates a bit, added some sort of half glove protective armor thingy and his hands, will now and try and work on his feet a bit. thanks
    Capture5.jpg
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    I see what you're going for, but I would work on the proportions and overall silhouette before you start refining things. It's easy to get into the small things but try to make sure it works from a distance first.
  • DJ_Aaron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are my propotions not right?, i modelled a base mesh of a side & front view of the crysis 2 and a regular front & side of a male thanks all open for crit
  • DJ_Aaron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, Ive actully gone back and totally re-designed him because i think he just did'nt look right. So basiclly im using dynamesh this time and will soon dig into hard surface stuff but at the moment im just roughing out his basic shape, so far its going good, this guy has some sort of oxegen system on his back and has big mech like gloves he could be some sort of space engineer not sure yet. cheers

3-1.jpg