Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Cyborg Ninja

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
Hi all!

Been a little while since I posted something! :)
These last few days I've been working on a cyborg ninja character in Zbrush, mainly because I felt I needed to learn how to use Zbrush, and how to incorporate it into my work flow for certain objects.

This is what I have so far:

OhNsE.jpg

I need to redesign the lower leg guards to fit better with the rest of the character and with the ninja slippers, but overall I'm getting happy with the design. I'm slowly but surely adding details.

Please let me know what you think! :)

Added latest progress to OP.

VIAeQ.jpg

Replies

• Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not a huge update, but I've remade the lower leg guards, and I am a lot more happy with these.

SFMxv.jpg
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    I think its looking cool so far, but you need something more around the face area. I know because its a ninja she should have a reserved personality, but I think she needs something more there to show, someting to suggest her reson and character. Is she a good or evil cyborg? Is she a leader or a drone? etc anyway looking forward to your update!
  • Jigsaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jigsaw polycounter lvl 12
    The design looks cool, but aren't some parts of the armour a bit bulky for (what I assume is) kind of a sneaky, stealthy character? The gauntlets and the, er, collar thing in particular stand out to me. On a related note, the way her lower leg pieces wrap around her calves looks not only uncomfortable, but also like it would prevent her from bending her legs, limiting her range of movement... kind of the last thing you'd want for a ninja character.
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback!
    @SCB: I added some features to the mask. Please lemme know what you think. :)

@Jigsaw: Thanks for the comment. :)
    The bulky features are something that I really really want for this character, especially the gloves.
    I agree with you on the calves. Will see if I can come up with a better design!

Here's what I have right now:

KK45Z.jpg
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, I figured out a way to refine shapes using retopo, so that's what I've mainly been doing today.

I'm having problems deciding what to do about the thighs. I'm not happy with the detail balance across the character.
    Do you have any ideas?

VIAeQ.jpg

Cheers! :)