Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Demonic Mace

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
octokitty polycounter lvl 14
So, I was interested in joining in on the Darksiders II contest, and tried coming up with a concepts for a mace. I came up with what I thought was an awesome idea, but realized it didn't really fit the style of the game... On top of that, I've never even played Darksiders so it didn't feel right for me to join. No big deal though, I'm just gonna make this weapon on my own for fun. So here's the concept I came up with, let me know what you think!

QO4e0.jpg

Replies

• theslingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it's very nice! You should replace the white and the brown and make it grey/metal and I think it would totally fit in the universe of Darksiders. You just need to make sure it fits with their template.

I'm no concept artist, but this is what I thought...

iblRdI2312lKs.jpg
  • Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    looks pretty cool. maybe try tieing the large skull into the smaller ones by making the smaller ones go around a rib cage implied for the larger skull.
  • octokitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input guys!

@theslingshot I do like the idea of making it darker, so I changed it to pretty much what you suggested. Definitely makes it look more demonic.

@Macattackk I tried out putting a rib cage, but it started to look too much like a creature on a stick to me... but I tried thickening up the "neck" area so it's more sturdy looking. I think it works better!

This is a little sloppy looking, but you get the gist. I'm thinking the little skeletons will be sort of embedded and combined... and coming out of the "neck."

LJVqQ.jpg
  • theslingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the changes! Maybe look into the handle part...Maybe make it longer so the "character" can hold it without everything being unbalanced, cause right now you mostly able to hold that mace like a baseball bat.

some exemples...

If you want it to be hold more "normal" way..

Tetsubo_Hammer.jpg

Or, like it's design right now, I see it being hold like this...which can be very cool as well! But I think a lot of the details would be lost since the weapon would be close to the ground...
    orcfullbluewolfgreatsword1se.jpg

anyway...maybe I'm just thinking too far heh.
    just my thoughts ;)
  • octokitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was actually wondering about the length of the handle, and I agree! I will look into changing that, thanks! :)