Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Axe - BradMyers82

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
BradMyers82 interpolator
My idea was to use some preexisting Darksiders Art to come up with weapon ideas, then I saw this concept:
darksiders_skeletton_art_by_chris_seto1.jpg

I thought it would be cool if someone just ripped that skeleton arm off and used it as a weapon. So here is my concept for the challenge:

skeleton_arm_concept_01.jpg

Hopefully no one else had the same idea, I haven't looked at all the entries. Also, this will probably just be for fun anyway since I don't think I can legally submit work to another company at the moment. (due to contract stuff at Escalation)

Replies

• SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's a cool idea. I don't think I've seen anything quite like this yet, so that's good. I would suggest polishing the design a bit more. I think you can have it look like that skeleton's arm, but have it more like a usable weapon also. Things like the handle (the skeleton's forearm) are going to have to be much thinner to fit in the proxy anyways.

Also, the blade might need to be adjusted since it's a scythe right now.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Since you did just "rip" the arm off the guy a lot of the elements from that concept are still the same. Make sure you are not using those pre-exsiting design elements in your final design as it is against the rules. Love the idea of a skelletons are with a blade just being ripped off and used as a weapon. And like SgtNasty said, make sure it fits the proxy!
    Design must be original and cannot contain elements from copyrighted works, reference to other IP, or use of any image that you do not own.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    ...I think vigils own artwork is the exception to that rule. It's a legal clause.
  • pulyx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pulyx polycounter lvl 8
    Thing is Bobo said that Sythes/Sicles are another category of weapon that is not for the contest.

But the idea is crazy fun!
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah. Bobo said in the Q&A Threat that Darksiders-Art is OK to use.

Love this idea.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Yeah, I was going to ask the question about using Vigil art, but someone actually asked the same question already, so I had my answer. Bobo said Vigil art is ok.

The other issue of course is the shapes. One getting it to fit inside the bounding boxes and two the fact that it really isn't looking too much like an axe, even though I broke off a large chunk there. I might just add an axe blade to this and say some of the skeletons have axe blades also. :P
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Okay, I edited the concept to fit the specs more. I think it will now fit in the bounding box decently, and it looks like an axe now.

skeleton_arm_concept_02.jpg