Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Multi, I-am-Albie

Hello all! New to Polycount posting, but a longtime lurker.
Just trying out a few concepts for Angelic weaponry. I'm having an amazingly hard time chunking things up for heavy weapons, but I'll get there!
Toying around with the cloud head hammer -- currently my favourite. perhaps the sunray blades at the back should be more like a wing?
Tell me what you think :)

Concepts2.jpg

Replies

• I-am-Albie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Furthering some concepts. Really enjoying the idea of a face hammer. Trying to make the tail end look like a shooting star, might have some interesting translucency if I might hope for so much.

Concepts3.jpg
  • jmt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmt
    Good start. One thing to keep in mind when drawing concepts is that everything in Darksiders is chunky. Bobo mentioned this in his livestream. If you find yourself making intricate little details, try to make them larger and bolder.
  • I-am-Albie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Duly noted, all my concepts are starting to look like they're from Bayonetta...

I think I'll just double my brush size for a while, see how that affects it ;)
  • I-am-Albie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkier! Significantly chunkier. But, is it chunky enough?

Also, yay! winged boobs.

Concepts33.jpg
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    I like my women chunky but I like my weapons even chunkier. I quite like how you tried to break up the gold with the red, I'd consider experimenting with more color. It reminds me of that special blue Onyx stone in the God of War 3 game, you should check it out.

The shape is pretty awesome too. Oh and it's definitely a hammer shape.
  • I-am-Albie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Now you mention it, the blue stuff from God of War really does come to mind... I'll make up some greyscales and do some colour tests, spice it up with some red. Yellowy neutrals, ahoy!
  • Conor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Conor polycounter lvl 18
    Great design, but don't forget to overlay the reference image over your hammer. It looks to me like the head is too long and the handle is too short.
  • Grampz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, if/when you get a chance, make sure to put a link to your Darksiders entry in your Signature. I had to go the long way to see what progress you've made on your thread!

What does your mace look like as far as the measurements are concerned? I made mine too big and had to alter it later, so I thought I'd ask ahead of time.

I love the feel of it, and yea the weapons have a bayonetta vibe, but honestly what's wrong with that? They look like instruments (of doom)! I hope you stick to this.