[DS2] Mace, Glenatron

Replies

• glenatron
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 138 Replies
    Cheers Habboi!

Done a quick first pass on the diffuse, and started cleaning up the ao/normal maps. Specular still to come, and a lot of tightening up etc. Any c+c would be grateful.

wip_tex.jpg
  • BlvdNights
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 896 Replies
    I love the power glove....
  • glenatron
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 138 Replies
    Thanks BlvdNights!

Done another pass on the textures. Only got tomorrow to work on this now, so let me know if you guys think there's anything naff, and I'll get it sorted. (I have tired eyes).

wip_tex.png
  • glenatron
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 138 Replies
    wip_tex.jpg

New WIP. Almost ready to submit this sucka! Any thoughts peeps?
  • Daven
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.4K Replies
    I think this could use a lot more material definition. Pieces like the metallic finger bits and the curly bits on the pommel read more as metal with the details but the color compliments are very muted and bland. Don't be afraid to put some darker golds in here. I think your biggest issure right now is contrast. You've got everything pretty consistent, but it needs a little spice.
  • BlvdNights
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 896 Replies
    Agreed with suburbbum, I think painting in some lighting to define the material would help a ton, you're almost there dude! Looking great! The gradient is a nice touch.
  • Impala88
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 457 Replies
    From what you've got so far i can hardly see the spec at all, unless you havn't put it on yet? I'd imagine the metal fist to be much shinier.

Also i'd maybe add some colour variation to the AO and some blends like the gold mace here:

DS2_Polycount-PageBreak01.png
    See how it stays mainly gold but in the shadows it goes into a blue tinge. It's kind of the polarise render setting effect that you can get from marmoset but it'd be in the textures instead.
  • Dimfist
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 627 Replies
    Yup just help define the materials a little better and its ace.
  • glenatron
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 138 Replies
    Cheers for the feedback guys! I only had a teeny bit of time to work on this since the last update. I've tried to make the specular pop a bit more, without overcooking it. Wish I had the weekend to work on the diffuse a bit more, but alas I'm away so have to submit now.

Here's the final render

ds2_mace_glenatron.jpg
  • BlvdNights
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 896 Replies
    Very impressive! This turned out awesome.
  • CidTheNinja
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 150 Replies
    this was my favorite mace :(

Leave a Comment