Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Hammer, Shabba

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
shabba polycounter lvl 15
LATEST UPDATE - 09.03.12

Changed style to Maker Hammer! Still running with the heads, but now they are bulky, blocky, and pissed off. Connected with cold hard steel, natural stone, and wood. This hammer thrives off crushing you to a bloody pulp. All this little guy wants to do is mash your bones into dust. Is that so much to ask?

Onward to 3D! :poly142:
DS2_Hammer_Shabba_Version8.jpg

Replies

• shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Angelic Hammer

Excited for this!

Working it out in my head.

DS2_Hammer_Shabba.jpg
  • shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Angelic Hammer Concept Update

Changed alot of the shapes, still thinking about the details from the handle down. Anyone have any suggestions or feedback?

DS2_Hammer_Shabba_V2.jpg
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    I was liking the helmets, I don't think an angel would put his pretty face on the front of a mallet, only to smash his image into the ground XD I like this better as a hammer than a 4-flanged mace.

The angel on the front is interesting, but her inner wings need to be more crisp, check out the ref image bobo dropped

Try extending the handle out to match the reference object, and then balance out the shapes to give it a good feel. Give it some sweet but slim decoration on the handle every so often to break up the rather simple handle design.

And the previous pommel looked better Imo, the new one just isn't cutting it.
    Good luck!
  • ValiantDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ValiantDan polycounter lvl 12
    I really like the helmet design.
  • shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback Shrew & Dan, I really appreciate it! I am trying to tackle alot of the things you mentioned Shrew. Here is an update, trying to settle on wing design. Helmet, handle, and Pommel changes still need to be done.

I would like to know what one people are leaning towards? All C&C welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Wings_Comparison.jpg
  • shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, here is my latest update and redesigns. I would really appreciate any feedback before I head into 3D.

As always, C&C are welcome!

DS2_Hammer_Shabba_V3.jpg
  • shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some progress pics. Drawover is preliminary and rough, trying to nail down Joe Mad style shapes. Haven't done enough research yet, but figured i'd post something.

3D Blank (not complete)
    blockout.jpg

Size Check
    Size.jpg

Some design changes (preliminary)
    Redesign.jpg
  • shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick update before I head off to work!

Feedback is welcome!

Design_Update02.jpg
  • shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been having an extremely hard time with design. Just when I figured i'd just give up and move on to 3D, I decided to go in a completely different direction.

Changed my style.

New hammer is now a Maker design. Still running with the heads, but now they are bulky, blocky, and pissed off. Connected with cold hard steel, natural stone, and wood. This hammer thrives off crushing you to a bloody pulp.

Old Design (Angelic)
    DS2_Hammer_Shabba_Version7.jpg

New Design (Maker)
    DS2_Hammer_Shabba_Version8.jpg

I'm not colouring this, i'm not drawing more. I'm moving on to 3D! *phew*