Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Hammer - Blaisoid

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
ok, quality bar here is super high but i figured it'll be fun to participate.
not sure what style or weapon to choose yet, i'm trying out different stuff.

here's my today's attempts:
Weap1b_gray.jpg
Weap2a_gray.jpg

it's all WIP, i'm too tired to finish those designs at the moment.
i find it difficult to mix certain features of DK2 art with my style, for example my hand refuses to draw such thin handles.
i'll work on that tomorrow.

not sure if i'll manage to get a proper model done since i can't sculpt and i'll be using just max+ndo.

Replies

• ageless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loving your designs mate, specially the handles.Please number them so that we can crit them more easily.
  • zeroSlave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like the head from the 4th one and the handles from the 1st and 12th. All of them look great, though!
  • Minsk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minsk polycounter lvl 8
    I agree with zeroSlave, those look awesome, also I like hammers 4+5 from second sheet.

Couldn't resist to mix them quick in photoshop to combine special elements I like, hope that's fine with you.

blaisoid_hammer_remix.jpg
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    hey, this looks pretty cool, i like shape of the head.
    i kinda lost interest in those maker hammers but i guess i'll experiment some more.

in meanwhile, here's my progress:
    Weap1bb_gray.jpg
    Weap2b_gray.jpg

i definitely wanna color numer 12, as well as 6 and 7. maybe few others as well.
    i also started bunch of new concepts, will post them soon.
  • eazy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eazy polycounter lvl 9
    cool stuff, man! i'm really digging 5, 6, and 7. 11 and 12 look interesting, but they don't have enough mass or "heftiness" (does that make sense? idk lol)

my suggestion would be to try and concentrate your areas of detail to specific focal points, and mix up the size of your details. Too much small details will make your design look too busy, but if there's small/medium/large details the eye will find the design more appealing. sorry for the long post. keep up the great work!
  • Orb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orb polycounter lvl 13
    definitely 5 so far for me ^^