Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Multi, YBourykina

RIOT Games
Offline / Send Message
YBourykina RIOT Games
hey guys, i'm going to attempt to make multiple weapons as well, starting out with the hammer XD
the concept is a roughy, so i'll figure the details out as i get in there ^^

YBourykina_DS2Contest_Hammer_01.jpg

Replies

• skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wooot!

go go go!
  • OrganizedChaos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OrganizedChaos polycounter lvl 17
    Awesome! Glad to see you're entering :D Looking forward to what you come up with here. You think you'll have time to do multiple entries and hazardous's mentor thing? :P I guess I dunno when that starts though.
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    awe thanks guys! ^____^
    yeah i *should* have enough time to do all three hopefullyyyyy, Haz's course isn't starting until april, but i have a few other things i would like to finish up before then :P

so this was suppose to be a hammer, but i think it's feeling a bit more macey with the horns? yes/no :O

YBourykina_DS2Contest_Hammer_02.jpg
  • TylerFluharty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TylerFluharty polycounter lvl 7
    Looking good so far. I'm seeing this being more of a mace than a hammer.
    Can't wait to see more.
  • MESMURDA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MESMURDA polycounter lvl 12
  • SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you have a good start, but you maybe should have iterated the concept a bit more. I think the fact that even you aren't sure if it's a mace or hammer isn't a great sign :( I wasn't sure when I looked at it, and it's not immediately clear which area should make contact with the enemy.
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    thanks guys!
    SgtNasty: haha yeah i agree, i should have thought about it a bit more, i just knew this was the gist of what i wanted my hammer to look like and use the mouth area as a flatter surface to hit with but now i'm noticing the horns more and more. i might just size them down a bit and make the head over all smaller and add more horns to go to a point in the back like a friend suggested to make it look more like an actual warhammer, but i'm going to do a little paint over for a few ideas of how i can push it one way or the other. thanks so much for the input! ^___^
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    i have horrible handwriting.
    anyways, did a few paint overs, i think i like number 2: mace the best ^^

YBourykina_DS2Contest_Hammer_03.jpg
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    Number 2 does have the most interesting silhouette :)
    Keep going, I'll hopefully be posting soon!
  • JonathanF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonathanF polycounter lvl 13
    SWEET!! looks great! I would say 2 and 3 combined. I like the added horns on his snout on 2. and I like the simplicity of the silhouette of 3(4 pretty much has same but not much detail going on in the insides like 3). 2 seems to busy of a silhouette cause what his main horns are doing to the back and maybe drawing to much attention from the front? Just a thought! :) Great job!
  • Doubles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like what you came up with, but i think you should push the look of the dragonhead a little more, for example make the jaw and the shape of the mouth something more evil, right now its just a rectangle, I would much rather see more rhythm there. Just like this picture.

42%20DragonSkull%20Ink.jpg
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Daniel: yeah i decided to go with 2 :P
    have you entered yet? i want to see!
    Jonathan: thank you so much! ^_^ i actually decided to go with the mace idea (2), so dropped the hammers, i'll concept a bit more before i pick my next weapon, i mainly wanted to have fun with this one and feel it out as i went along XD
    Wawe: thanks so much, especially for the ref! i actually moved his bone structure around yesterday to get a better feel/silhouette, nothing too drastic, but i do like it more now, so thank you :)

finished the high poly and did a base poly paint for the diffuse (trying to get a hang of the texture style), started on the low last night, hopefully i can get it down to 1.5k tris without killing it :P

YBourykina_DS2Contest_Mace_05.jpgYBourykina_DS2Contest_Mace_04.jpg