Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sten Smg WIP

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
maxivz interpolator
Hello guys, this is a model i am working on just for fun to improve my skills, this is still very wip, but i would love critics on what i have so far so i can improve it, i am feeling like my model still has some proportion issues but i just cant spot them
Maybe ill do a low poly and texture it, i need some serious texture practice as well :poly122:

Replies

• maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Bump with some progress, really needing critics on the model and its proportions here, so any feedback is really apreciated
    Btw, how would you make welding seams? i have been thinking in doing some splines, converting them to polys, turbosmoth and adding a noise modifier over it, but i would like to know other possible ways to do so, anyways heres the pic
    2eyestx.jpg
  • maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Bump once again? this time with a mental ray render, i suck really bad at this, i think my viewport grabs were better
    Would love to get some critics
    15y0rc.jpg
  • spectre1130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spectre1130 polycounter lvl 6
    Lower the spec on the material you used first. Then work on your lighting to get some deeper soft shadowing. Lighting and rendering is pretty hard and time consuming, so watch good tuts to get better. The model looks pretty good though. Do a wire frame overlay so people can see the geo.
  • maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Heres a new updated render, not the best, but better than the one i had before
    I dont think i need a wireframe for a hp model, the only rule for hps seems to be "make it look good", wireframes are shown with the low poly models
    531xjm.jpg